C. Huahini enclosure setup

brieculver

Arachnopeon
Hello I'm ordering an adult 7" C. Huahini. It's been recommended to keep it in a 12x12x12. I was looking at the exo terra mini wide, would this be acceptable? I know they're considered fossorial and need more substrate than a regular terrestrial species would. I have never seen this enclosure in person so I can't really picture it. I've ordered almost all of my enclosures from jamies tarantulas, and I don't think any of hers will work for this T. She does have a 10x10x20 but that's as big as it gets. If not the terra can you guys point me in a better direction? I know dreamco has a 12x12x18 I've been looking at as well. I was thinking of putting it on its side like I've done with Jamies enclosures for the terrestrial/arboreal. This will be my first fossorial species, and I want nothing but the best. I know asian fawns are heavy webbers and I want to be able to give it the appropriate size and setup.

I'm also getting
T. vagans 5”
A. chalcodes 5”
A. seemanni 4.5”

I'm looking to buy all these enclosures from one place if possible and dreamco has some nice 8x8x12, these would be okay for the 3 listed above? Jamies and dreamco only has a 2" difference on the height, and since they're terrestrial then that shouldn't be an issue. Another question I have is 1/8" or 1/4" thickness? Or does it really even matter?

*Pictures of the possible enclosures below, thank you and I appreciate it. (too bad dark den doesn't make AND sell enclosures. His setup for C. Huahini is awesome.)

Attachments

brieculver

Arachnopeon
** Also I'd have to get an acrylic top for the exo terra since it's mesh, probably from lowes. I am NOT crafty lol. Forgot to add that in the post. Leaning more towards dreamco, but would like more opinions before I fully commit to something. Always better to have some opinions from experienced keepers. :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I don't think any of those containers are going to work. You're going to need a lot of depth for the substrate, and from the pictures, none of these will allow that. In this instance a 5 gallon tank filled almost all the way up with substrate would work

brieculver

Arachnopeon
I don't think any of those containers are going to work. You're going to need a lot of depth for the substrate, and from the pictures, none of these will allow that. In this instance a 5 gallon tank filled almost all the way up with substrate would work
I didn't think of a 5 gallon tank! You're right about the substrate, it's going to need to be deep.