C. (Haplopelma) minax feeding?

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
I was wondering how often I should feed these guys. I have a female who seems a little thin in the abdomen, I haven't the slightest thought if this is normal towards their physiology. She's quite hungry and ate 3 crickets in the last 24 hours. She is 4 inches (legspan), eating large crickets. Is this too much, or too little? Thanks!

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I feed mine (C. vonwirthi) about five supers every 2-3 weeks. It depends on their metabolism though, so do whatever works for your Ts.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
She's not horribly thin I would feed her 3-4 large crickets every other day or so untill she puts on a little weight.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
If I remember correctly there's another species that's hard to distinguish from minax. I believe it has to do with the length of leg IV. Try googling based off of that.
H. longipes and H. vonwirthi are distinguished from each other that way at least. If I recall correctly there´s been some confusion between minax and sp. "big black".

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
H. longipes and H. vonwirthi are distinguished from each other that way at least. If I recall correctly there´s been some confusion between minax and sp. "big black".
I have C. vonwirthi or longipes sold to me as C. minax, but the spineretts are orange so I assume it's not C. minax.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
I have C. vonwirthi or longipes sold to me as C. minax, but the spineretts are orange so I assume it's not C. minax.
Posting this in reference to what TownsVanZan posted.
vonwirthi vs longipes2.png

I took this screenshot because when I went back later after I bookmarked it, it showed the unavailable content page for whatever reason. The group was also gone from facebook. This was the best I could salvage from google archive. Some pictures are unfortunately too small.

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
View attachment 240498

I took this screenshot because when I went back later after I bookmarked it, it showed the unavailable content page for whatever reason. The group was also gone from facebook. This was the best I could salvage from google archive. Some pictures are unfortunately too small.
View attachment 240498

Thanks so much! But I don't think it's any one those. I'm leaning towards C. pagapus or C. minax