C. Gracilis Kuba locality

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Recently one of local importer got shipment from the Kuba, among it there are some C. Gracilis Kuba locality. I hearing the rumors of it that this species the ones is from Kuba is actually parthenogenesis, so of course I am buying his whole stock. Unfortunate it seems that all of them is male, but still cool though. I find of the norther America Centruroides is to be really pretty, and from Kuba locality is just cool bonus I guess although it's looking mostly the same of .phenotype to me 20200625_152048.jpg

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
I am a tad confused, when you type Kuba are you referring to the Carribean Island Nation (I assume this is the case...but assumptions can be disastrously wrong)... or are you referring to regional areas of the Democratic Rebublic of the Congo representing what was the Kuba empire?

ignithium

Arachnoknight
I am a tad confused, when you type Kuba are you referring to the Carribean Island Nation (I assume this is the case...but assumptions can be disastrously wrong)... or are you referring to regional areas of the Democratic Rebublic of the Congo representing what was the Kuba empire?
Sorry haha in my language it's spell with a K but yes the island

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
No apology needed! I apologize for my ineptitude in understanding international spellings! I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page so to speak.

It is a bummer you only received males! All of them the same phenotype (red leggs like the one on your hand?)

Did you manage to get any other Cuban species?

ignithium

Arachnoknight
No apology needed! I apologize for my ineptitude in understanding international spellings! I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page so to speak.

It is a bummer you only received males! All of them the same phenotype (red leggs like the one on your hand?)

Did you manage to get any other Cuban species?
Yeah heteroctenous junceus and yes they all having red leg

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I got a 4. And all male!!! So even if is really parthenogenesis, I am out of luck! What is the chances really?!
I know but what can you do... At least you got yourself some great looking C. Gracilis !

ignithium

Arachnoknight
I know but what can you do... At least you got yourself some great looking C. Gracilis !
Yes I'm huge fan of centruroides, especially vitattus is my favourite! So sadly rare are all north american species on europe! It makes it worth it even if probably i will not be able to breed or test the parthenogenesis!
Really most beautiful genus on my opinion (don't telling parabuthus that im cheating)!

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Yes I'm huge fan of centruroides, especially vitattus is my favourite! So sadly rare are all north american species on europe! It makes it worth it even if probably i will not be able to breed or test the parthenogenesis!
Really most beautiful genus on my opinion (don't telling parabuthus that im cheating)!
Hahaha ! Parabuthus is one of my favourites... they have so much character :rofl:

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Odds definitely were not in your favor! What does it entail in your country to import scorpions from the US?

I am currently working on a project to obtain some species and import from Europe. Perhaps I can begin researching what it would take to export to your country.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Be careful with the handling as the Caribbean species can have a pretty painful sting.

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Odds definitely were not in your favor! What does it entail in your country to import scorpions from the US?

I am currently working on a project to obtain some species and import from Europe. Perhaps I can begin researching what it would take to export to your country.
No permits required for import in either of my countries (i live at russia and study at czech republic). CZ is part of the EU so as far as i know it's mostly the same laws for the rest of EU. In fact russia and cz are some of biggest smuggling hotspots, due to czech law does not recognizing invertebrates as living thing and Russia law is not at all enforces. So for example we can getting Australian species here quite an easily

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
As an EU member, with inverts of little regard...then getting permits for importation would be easy to obtain for you?

As far as the Russian Federation, so many countries have similiar issues, where laws may exist but are ignored or bribes are cheaper and easier.

In the US, we have our own laws as a country, each state has theirs, each county, municipality in those states have theirs...and our nation honors other nations laws...so paperwork is a have to on our side for anything in or out.

I will start looking into what it would take to export to Czechia, as I have many captive produced Centruroides sp. that I would be willing to export.

ignithium

Arachnoknight
As an EU member, with inverts of little regard...then getting permits for importation would be easy to obtain for you?
Yeah there is no import permit required on the Czechia... I have imported stuff from example on South Africa, Marokko, Kitai, directly to me and it just will coming straight through the custom without problem (for animal only, there can be a problem about customs if you are try to send an automobile parts for an example). For Russia I know there is also without law for the importing, however on some species actually it can be illegal to own at Russia, like Androctonus, but no one is obeying this and no one cares. For Russian law its kind of like, if you are not making a problem, they dont bother of you, I know someone was made in trouble when their Mamba escape on St. Petersburg, because also Mamba is of banned, but from other of this its without issue, also police obviously dont know what is an Androctonus so people do selling it at fairs and stuff.

If it is permit required for example into other EU country as I believe maybe Ispania, then I cannot getting because I dont make the EU citizenship, just I am with Visa.

I know there is many Czech keeper who wants really the Centruroides sculpturatus, vittatus, exilicauda, this species is very pretty and its just not available there! At Russia you can get, of course anything, but its quite expensive and you must going to Moskva. So really if you export there will be a lot of demand! And about you get an import permit, we can send you Africa and Asian species that they dont having in the US, like Apistobuthus pterygocercus !

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Yeah there is no import permit required on the Czechia... I have imported stuff from example on South Africa, Marokko, Kitai, directly to me and it just will coming straight through the custom without problem (for animal only, there can be a problem about customs if you are try to send an automobile parts for an example). For Russia I know there is also without law for the importing, however on some species actually it can be illegal to own at Russia, like Androctonus, but no one is obeying this and no one cares. For Russian law its kind of like, if you are not making a problem, they dont bother of you, I know someone was made in trouble when their Mamba escape on St. Petersburg, because also Mamba is of banned, but from other of this its without issue, also police obviously dont know what is an Androctonus so people do selling it at fairs and stuff.

If it is permit required for example into other EU country as I believe maybe Ispania, then I cannot getting because I dont make the EU citizenship, just I am with Visa.

I know there is many Czech keeper who wants really the Centruroides sculpturatus, vittatus, exilicauda, this species is very pretty and its just not available there! At Russia you can get, of course anything, but its quite expensive and you must going to Moskva. So really if you export there will be a lot of demand! And about you get an import permit, we can send you Africa and Asian species that they dont having in the US, like Apistobuthus pterygocercus !
Hahaha... you know someone who has a black mamba that escaped ? :rofl:

Do you have any Apistobuthus Pterygocercus ? Extremely hard to find here

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Hahaha... you know someone who has a black mamba that escaped ? :rofl:

Do you have any Apistobuthus Pterygocercus ? Extremely hard to find here
I dont have any yet my friend just has some gravid females at the moment as far that im knowing we have this species only on russia its not available at other country yet but i think mark stockmann from germany is trying to breed some pairs right now so maybe soon it will be on EU

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I dont have any yet my friend just has some gravid females at the moment as far that im knowing we have this species only on russia its not available at other country yet but i think mark stockmann from germany is trying to breed some pairs right now so maybe soon it will be on EU
I hope so because I'd love to get one of those... :)