c.fimbriatus

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't been able to find any information on the requirements of an Indian Violet (c.fimbriatus)...does anyone have any info they'd be willing to share?

-Faunya

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
c. fimbriatus

I have some. They love to burrow, so think about that when housing them. I have mine in deep cereal containers that I drilled holes in for ventilation. No hide is necessary, they will start to dig a burrow shortyly after you put them in new home. It's a tropical species, I keep mine at about 28 or 29 C usually and the humidity closer to 80. Just don't let the substrate get too dry, they need the moisture. Even as juvies they'll dig deeper than a good 6 inches. No need to pre stick the burrow, they'll do everything themselves and it's fun to watch them as well. Hope this helps.

-Jeremy

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
My C. fimbriatus is a demon. I house it pretty much the same way as any other asian burrower, but the one I have (around 2.5 inches) Has made it's original vial it's permanent home. I pre-dug a burrow, and everything. It comes out to eat, and does so with a vengeance. It seems to think that once it's left the hide, it better bring dinner back. It will actively chase down, corner, and eviscerate any cricket I put in there with it. This is about the only time I ever see it. I keep the humidity pretty high, the enclosure is too small to mount a proper gauge (not that I really ever do anyways) and usually there is some condensation on the walls.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Ok, feel free to ignore everything I said. I just got a call from my roommate (I'm out of town) and he told me he found my C. fimbriatus on the underside of the lid, and an hour later, in the Tarantula death ball. He also said that the heat in the apt went out for a day, and it got down to about 45 F.

Bummer, this gal was one of my favorites.

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
I just got a call from my roommate (I'm out of town) and he told me he found my C. fimbriatus on the underside of the lid, and an hour later, in the Tarantula death ball. He also said that the heat in the apt went out for a day, and it got down to about 45 F.

Bummer, this gal was one of my favorites.
Ouch, that has to suck the big one. 45°F just can't be good for a tropical species that lives underground. Sorry to hear this, this is definitely one of my big fears when I go out of town in the winter and your story proves the possible reality of that fear.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, on the bright side, nothing else died, to his knowledge. Said it was cold enough to see his breath when he walked in yesterday

Bill