C fimbriatus

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Bullet points, here we go!
  • Humid - never let it dry out completely, especially as slings. Adults can handle a dry spell, slings can't.
  • Avoid stuffy enclosures, same with any humid species
  • This species will burrow if given nothing but deep substrate. They will also web integrate web tubes if given anchor points. Your choice.
  • Decent eater and grower. Expect adult females in a couple years and mature males 18 months in.

Oliverhenderson

Arachnopeon
  • Humid - never let it dry out completely, especially as slings. Adults can handle a dry spell, slings can't.
  • This species will burrow if given nothing but deep substrate. They will also web integrate web tubes if given anchor points. Your choice.
  • Decent eater and grower. Expect adult females in a couple years and mature males 18 months in.
thanks m8

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'll chirp up as well. Absolutely phenomenonal T. I opted for giving my lass anchor points and she's created an absolutely beautiful enclosure with her webbing. She's also started having a bit of a dig in the corner of the few inches of sub she's got. I'm thinking she's preparing for an upcoming shed.

I planted a fake plant under the sub and had it coming up in various places. Worked a treat.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome set up. I think fimbriatus are exceptionally good looking ts, but i always got bored with them and traded them off because i kept them as burrowing. I never thought to house them like this. Had i been able to see mine more, i would have kept em around.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Awesome set up. I think fimbriatus are exceptionally good looking ts, but i always got bored with them and traded them off because i kept them as burrowing. I never thought to house them like this. Had i been able to see mine more, i would have kept em around.
Yeah, mine is very much a display spider. I plan on eventually making a display setup in the living room, similar to how people have fish. This is going to be the species for it. They don't really use a lot of space, but I've found that they web anything they can get their feet on.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ive seen some amazing arboreal set ups for gbb as well similar to yours as well. Tons of heavy web, and the gbb built a hammock and tunnels suspended in mid air. I never tried it in fear of a fall, but its doable