C. fasciatum

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
recently bought the above mentioned T and was wondering how fast they grew? he/she is only 1cm right now.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have males from a sack that was laid on Jan 1st,2010,and they are about 3 inches right now.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just remember, this is a dwarf species and their growth is dependent upon husbandry and environment.

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
ah riiight, cheers, what would you say was the best enviroment for them? i just do the bog standard like high-medium humidity and feed him/her 2 tiny crickets a week

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMHO they are not really "dwarves"although some may not agree. I am looking at a 4+ inch female as I type. I keep em on 5+ inches of peat,big water dish,and I moisten one side of the enclosure.Throw in a slab of corkbark and your set.They WILL dig/burrow,so be sure to allow them to do so.They are also great webbers.

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
is it the same for slings because mine never used to burrow that often but recently has begun, so im thinking he/she is gonna molt soon.

smuey

Arachnopeon
In general, slings of a lot of species tend to burrow more than adults. I have two C. fasciatum, both of them quite young still, and I hardly ever see them. But the times I DO see them, oh man... They are beautiful little buggers! Especially right after a molt!

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They grow as fast as you feed them, just try not to over feed them.
The girls will get to just over 4", but not much bigger. The males won't get that big.
Keep the humidity up on the slings, until you start seeing color, then they seem to like it a little drier after that.