C.elegans help please

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I just picked up a MM C.elegans. I have never kept any cyriocosmus species and I need some solid enclosure advice..

I know they are terrestrial and from what I understand they like moist sub correct?

I'll be housing him in a 7in long by 4in wide by 3 inch high sterilite enclosure with side ventilation..

Sub is going to be long fiber coco husk about 2 inches deep.. I will provide cork slabs and a few fake plants as a hide and anchor points for webbing..

Im only keeping this guy long enough to find someone with a female but obviously I want him to be happy and well cared for while I have him..

If My setup sounds off in any way please let me know..

Thanks guys!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Oh forget all that.. I just unpacked him and he is tiny about 1 inch ..I put him in a 16oz deli with 2 inches of lightly moistened sub and hunk of hollow cork..

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Yes, and if you think that is small check out the MM C. perezmilesi they are smaller yet. Don't wait to long the MM of Cyriocosmus do not seem to live long lives, My MM C. sellatus lived about 3-4 months. Hopefully its not the genus norm.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Yes, and if you think that is small check out the MM C. perezmilesi they are smaller yet. Don't wait to long the MM of Cyriocosmus do not seem to live long lives, My MM C. sellatus lived about 3-4 months. Hopefully its not the genus norm.
Good to know! He is 1 month mature now and already bred 2 females.. I'm going to post him in the breeding loan section as soon as my review page has been approved..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Lol. I don't think I care that much for the dwarves. Some look good. Just not for me I guess.
I just think its cool to have all that Theraphosid attitude in such a little spider.. It's kind of like owning a Chihuahua I guess.. Lol

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I just think its cool to have all that Theraphosid attitude in such a little spider.. It's kind of like owning a Chihuahua I guess.. Lol
or a Pomeranian, mom calls it little dog syndrome but in this case it could be little spider syndrome.