C. darlingi question

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Anyone know what is wrong with this darlingi? He stays on the lid for 2 days now. He just finished his meal last 3days ago. View attachment 345556
Judging only by the picture, you seem to have almost no substrate in there for the tarantula to create a burrow in and nothing for it to hide under. It feels exposed and is trying to climb to get out.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Anyone know what is wrong with this darlingi? He stays on the lid for 2 days now. He just finished his meal last 3days ago. View attachment 345556
As someone else mentioned, you might want to put more substrate in there (I can't tell how deep it is from this angle but you need at least 2-3 times the spider's legspan in substrate imo), but I put mine in deep cups with loads of substrate and they liked to hang around the top, too. Some of them are just weirdos.

jigslovesyou

Arachnopeon
Judging only by the picture, you seem to have almost no substrate in there for the tarantula to create a burrow in and nothing for it to hide under. It feels exposed and is trying to climb to get out.
thanks, i did try to add substrate.The sling is back on the business digging up.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
My darlingi was in a med sized critter keeper filled 2/3rds plus with substrate. It had elaborate tunnels with multiple entrances and exits. At about 3" DLS I moved into it's adult set up. It has about 6" of sub to dig plus some branches for webbing and a bark ledge. She has made two separate dens and I am guessing is tunneling between them