C. darlingi, confused!

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's why people said to use prekilled. It's most likely intimidated by the cricket.

Lessej

Arachnopeon
I got small crickets last night and I had a prekilled at the burrow since then. The sling had its legs on it for quite sometime and the cricket was still there until about an hour ago. I opted for live for round two and now this. :sorry:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I got small crickets last night and I had a prekilled at the burrow since then. The sling had its legs on it for quite sometime and the cricket was still there until about an hour ago. I opted for live for round two and now this. :sorry:
I wouldn't worry too much... Just continue to try pre-kill every so many days until it eats. You could try half of a cricket next time to see if the results are any different as well. Make sure it has plenty water in its dish.

Brand? I dunno, I got them at Pick N Save. Just your standard grocery store deli cup 'round these here parts.
Okay. Thanks. I can't find any really clear ones on Amazon. But I don't eat much deli food so it is hard for me to find much in that area.

cold blood

Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much... Just continue to try pre-kill every so many days until it eats. You could try half of a cricket next time to see if the results are any different as well. Make sure it has plenty water in its dish.

Okay. Thanks. I can't find any really clear ones on Amazon. But I don't eat much deli food so it is hard for me to find much in that area.
Just ask at the deli counter, it would be awfully expensive if I was consuming things for every deli cup I got from them. Often they will just give you some if you ask.

Lessej

Arachnopeon
Thanks Jeff! I'm sure if it's hungry it'll eventually eat something. Always has a Gatorade cap filled with water too.

Just ask at the deli counter, it would be awfully expensive if I was consuming things for every deli cup I got from them. Often they will just give you some if you ask.
Yeah I saw these exact deli containers at my local Pick N Save. There up for grabs in the deli and not guarded by anyone ha ha. I'd imagine I could take quite a few without the cashier raising a stink. Maybe I'll grab a few of those as they do look pretty good.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I was always wondering tho, whether or not Ts could kill for sport.. I mean.. out of annoyance.. They bite in self defense, sure, but do you think they are capable of comprehending murder? :D That would be cool haha
I'm pretty sure my C cyaneopubescens does this. I don't get a chance to remove the crickets if he's not hungry, he just kills them and leaves them next to his water dish for me. :banghead:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Is there a Smart and Final near you? I use these cups when I sell roaches, a sleeve of 50 is only about $4 at that store. They also sell condiment cups!

cold blood

Staff member
Is there a Smart and Final near you? I use these cups when I sell roaches, a sleeve of 50 is only about $4 at that store. They also sell condiment cups!
Nope, never heard of that place....you lucky desert dwellers.:shifty:

Lessej

Arachnopeon
I've lived in Florida and Wisconsin - never heard of a Smart and Final! Sounds interesting. :D

I did hear that we have "The Container Store" now in one of our local malls. I heard from some people they're pretty good for setups though I've yet to go check it out for myself.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've lived in Florida and Wisconsin - never heard of a Smart and Final! Sounds interesting. :D

I did hear that we have "The Container Store" now in one of our local malls. I heard from some people they're pretty good for setups though I've yet to go check it out for myself.
The Container Store is great for more permanent enclosures - look into Amac boxes. But those run about $5 each for larger ones. When you've got several hundred slings, those become far too expensive... hence deli cups!