c.darlingi 1cm sling

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Bone dry substrate, a water dish. And try to offer a millimeter sized crickets sometimes; slings loves those.

Trevis

Arachnopeon
That will kill the spider. If it's moist enough for it to drink from, it's way too moist for that species.
Im not mean to moist all my substrate just half so the sling can choose to drink and to hangout on dry part too....

FrightBamboo

Arachnopeon
Im now live in malaysia,so i just damp half the substrate i mean slightly moist not super wet and leave half dry,will tat be fine? And i just notice my darlingi sling making a web and continue stay at the side of tube....maybe it is still new?
I live in Malaysia and have a C.darlingi , i will only sprinkle a lil bit of water for it

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Its 1cm size i dont think i can put water dish...the sling will drown....

I've raised thousands of slings and use water bowls when they're that size. None have ever drown. What will kill your spider is moist substrate, there's no need to have half of the cage moist. You can keep arguing, but you're taking an unnecessary risk.

Trevis

Arachnopeon
H
I've raised thousands of slings and use water bowls when they're that size. None have ever drown. What will kill your spider is moist substrate, there's no need to have half of the cage moist. You can keep arguing, but you're taking an unnecessary risk.
How big the water dish should be on the safe side...

cold blood

Staff member
H

How big the water dish should be on the safe side...
A water bottle lid is perfect...but seriously, you don't need to worry about drowning, they float, you could drop them in the middle of a lake and they'd just walk to shore.