c. cyanopubescens moult

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
my 3" c. cyan just finished moulting--and i noticed she was leaking from her chelicerae. so i got out my super glue and did a rather messy patch-up job on her. tomorrow i'm going out and getting some nu-skin.

she's fiesty, and she tried to attack the super glue bottle, so i think she's going to be fine, however, my a. geniculata reacted with the same fervor while he was dying...moults make me more nervous now than they ever did before--mostly because of the moulting loss of my a. genic.

she's upright now with her head in the substrate (sticking to the super glue, i imagine).

for future reference, how does one apply super glue on such a spot? i didn't expect her to attack the tube, but she did which made me realize that i needed to take more care in applying the glue. it was very difficult and a big glob was left on the outer side of her chelicerae. i tried to wipe it off with a pencil eraser (i didn't want to use a cotton swab or a paint brush in fear of fibers or hairs being left behind), but she immediately righted herself and "ran" away.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got my fingers crossed for you and your GBB.

Good Luck

Jon

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Krystal,
Wish I had some help for you, sorry..:( Good luck on your GBB.
Peace,
Gillian

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
EEp. What a cruddy area to have to patch. I hope for the best with her.

Bill

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck hon.
Hope all turns out ok.
(hugs)

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal

for future reference, how does one apply super glue on such a spot? i didn't expect her to attack the tube, but she did which made me realize that i needed to take more care in applying the glue. it was very difficult and a big glob was left on the outer side of her chelicerae. i tried to wipe it off with a pencil eraser (i didn't want to use a cotton swab or a paint brush in fear of fibers or hairs being left behind), but she immediately righted herself and "ran" away.
Hi Krystal,
the way I handle my T's when having to do something like that is:

Put you index finger on the caripice.Push so the spider can't move,
It will be pinned between your finger and the ground.Now take your other fingers and pick up the T by grabbing the the sides of the T.like by the legs where the come out of the body.
This way you have complete control of the spider.And it can't bite you.It won't be able to move much,and you should be able to apply the glue.
I hope this makes sense.If you have any Q's call me.
Hope this helps.
Bryan

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
thanks everyone.

bryan--i've heard of that method of handling before, but i was a little hesitant to use it since the ggb had just moulted (she FINALLY moulted, by the way). but if i ever have to do something like that again, i'll try it your way!

and update: she seems to be fine. she's now immersed her carapace into her water dish drinking drinking drinking. i've yet to see how her super glued chelicerae turned out (or how much substrate is sticking to the glue). thanks again, though, everyone!