C. Cyaneopubescens sling - enclosure

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
I just received a Heterometrus Petersii and a GBB sling, about 1.5 cm.
This is the enclosure, is it ok? IMAG0705.jpg IMAG0706.jpg IMAG0707.jpg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I would give them a bit more substrate at that size. Also, I wouldn't leave the vial in there because the tissue inside is going to get nasty. Do you have a bit of cork bark that you can lay around for them?
They are webbers, so they will like a bit more clutter around that they can use for anchor points for their webbing. Although I am unsure how much webbing they do at that size - my girls were three years old when I got them. If they web the same as adults, they need more stuff in there. Add some cork bark and a few small pieces of plastic plant and it should give them a good place to hide and anchor points for webbing.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
My GGB sling is the same size and webs a lot.i'll take a picture when i get home.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I would remove the vial with the paper in it and add some short fake plant sprigs. As other have said they will web heavy even at that size so web anchor points are very good for them. They will make their own web hides but corkbak is nice and stable to web on.

curious juan

Arachnopeon
As what Trenor said, take out the vial and paper. What I did before, I put half round barks and some twigs for anchor points.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Si, va bene, come dimensioni va bene. Io alzerei un filino il livello del substrato e ci butterei un due/tre foglie finte, cosi, per aiutare la 'GBB' a intelare il tutto :-s

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Io le compro online, in genere dai vari "Reptile Shops" Italiani, non credo tu abbia grosse difficoltà a trovarle, in Svizzera. Io uso principalmente quelle della Exo Terra :)
Ora come ora non ho né voglia di uscire di casa né voglia di pagare più spedizione che articoli, quindi boh niente

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ora come ora non ho né voglia di uscire di casa né voglia di pagare più spedizione che articoli, quindi boh niente
Eh beh, hai ragione anche te, che chezzo <--- Lino Banfi

Non metterle, allora. Come direbbe mia nonna, "la GBB si arrangi" :)

Al limite fai un po' di "gioco" con il substrato... roba cosi, tanto intela a prescindere.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This was the first spider I ever owned, congrats on a good choice! Just last week I bought myself another GBB sling at the San Diego Reptile Super Show, a nostalgic spider for me. I would add some substrate and remove the hide as was said, but also poke some holes for aeration, they are a drier species of T and don't need excessive humidity. Mine webs up fine with just substrate and no decor (I am using jungle bedding tho that has big chunks of husks in it), and has a nice little hole he's wedged into. Good luck!

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Ok boys, this is it.
Container's around 12cm x 12 cm, 6 cm tall - I guess that 2 cm substrate is enough?

P.S. sorry for the bad quality, got a potato-camera phone
14781ad7-b079-4cfa-b785-b971cdb7e082.jpg

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I use the same container so that is good enough. your sling seems a bit bigger than mine. maybe some more anchorpoints in the bottom right corner?