C. cyaneopubescens Pairing Log

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Those are fighting words sir!
Ah ah :)
well, let's say, and I'm kind in that uh, that, at least, the "first" (now those aren't anymore the first, what a mess) Star Wars movies of the '80 were/are definitely better than Star 'crap' Trek :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well forced "gun pointed at the head", I will save Star Wars and not Star Trek, let's say this :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
At least you admit star wars is better than star trek, you're cool again ;) haha
Only for a reason: when we were brats our Dad loved to watch those movies with us, therefore enters family feeling :)

but to be honest, I think that there's an overestimated "hype" around Star Wars and Star Trek.

Class A U.S horror movies of the '80 were IMO much better than that sci-fi/space opera :angelic:

P.S

Save for "Dune" (1984) now that was IMO a cool movie of that genre :-s

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Only for a reason: when we were brats our Dad loved to watch those movies with us, therefore enters family feeling :)

but to be honest, I think that there's an overestimated "hype" around Star Wars and Star Trek.

Class A U.S horror movies of the '80 were IMO much better than that sci-fi/space opera :angelic:
I do love the old horror movies, they're a little corny now days but I love them. Nightmare on elm street was one of my favorites :) another one of my favorites was the "alien" series. H.R. Giger designed some awesome looking creatures :) that's kind of a combination of sci-fi and horror though haha

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I do love the old horror movies, they're a little corny now days but I love them. Nightmare on elm street was one of my favorites :) another one of my favorites was the "alien" series. H.R. Giger designed some awesome looking creatures :) that's kind of a combination of sci-fi and horror though haha
Ah ah this movie always cracked me up, pure N.Y style of once:

cold blood

Staff member
IMO Star Wars sucks as well for Star Trek :mooning:
I think they're both terrible :cool:
And here I thought I liked you both.:shifty:

P.S

Save for "Dune" (1984) now that was IMO a cool movie of that genre :-s
Hype is short lived, Star wars isn't hyped, it has a cult following that's lasted and grown in the nearly 40 years since it came out....that kind of long lasting love from millions is far from "hype".

80's horror movies were (IMO) some of the worst crap ever to grace the movie theater....just stupid across the board IMO. The basic concepts behind movies like Friday the 13th are just ridiculous.

cold blood

Staff member
How do y'all feel about Dr. Who?

When I watch a show or movie, the number one requirement is that it makes me think...something Dr. Who and Star wars have in spades...and something 99% of all horror movies lack.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
How do y'all feel about Dr. Who?

When I watch a show or movie, the number one requirement is that it makes me think...something Dr. Who and Star wars have in spades...and something 99% of all horror movies lack.
I have a couple friends that are into Dr who, I haven't given it a shot yet, but apparently I need to, huh?

How about walking dead? It makes me think sometimes

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
And here I thought I liked you both.:shifty:

Hype is short lived, Star wars isn't hyped, it has a cult following that's lasted and grown in the nearly 40 years since it came out....that kind of long lasting love from millions is far from "hype".

80's horror movies were (IMO) some of the worst crap ever to grace the movie theater....just stupid across the board IMO. The basic concepts behind movies like Friday the 13th are just ridiculous.
Man those were a bit mainstream, "Friday the 13th" were the classic slasher movies, after the first IMO even back then had no sense... but this one, for instance, do you remember this one, a little jem? :)

louise f

Arachnoangel
Man those were a bit mainstream, "Friday the 13th" were the classic slasher movies, after the first IMO even back then had no sense... but this one, for instance, do you remember this one, a little jem? :)

That one is not even scary, kinda reminds me of these 2 movies. I laugh so hard watching those:rofl:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
That one is not even scary, kinda reminds me of these 2 movies. I laugh so hard watching those:rofl:

That was the point :) to make crappy movies able to crack you up. Bad Taste was class ;-)

IMO better than Braindead, which was cool as well, but Bad Taste lol that fake priest, a scammer.

cold blood

Staff member

Lol, looks like a predecessor to the troll movies or the toxic avenger (I did like that dumb movie though)...horror so ridiculous its actually amusing.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Lol, looks like a predecessor to the troll movies or the toxic avenger (I did like that dumb movie though)...horror so ridiculous its actually amusing.
Ah ah Troma movies were great, Toxic was great but only the first and the fourth :)

Also this crypto Troma was funny

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
So, I've been keeping up with this thread - even though I really don't want to find out that the male was snacked on - and what do I find today? People dissing Star Wars. The originals even!!!
What is wrong with this world??

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
So, I've been keeping up with this thread - even though I really don't want to find out that the male was snacked on - and what do I find today? People dissing Star Wars. The originals even!!!
What is wrong with this world??
I think this thread is a direct analogy to my pairing attempts.

That is, it's a joke.

I really wouldn't worry about my female making lunch out of him. She's only shown aggression to him when he blindly bumped into her - every other time, she's either ignored him or actually tapped back. She's receptive, he's just a wuss.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I think this thread is a direct analogy to my pairing attempts.
That is, it's a joke.
You can only do so much. If it isn't happening, that has nothing to do with you. You are physically putting them together - what happens after that is on them, not you.
Don't be too hard on yourself. You can't control what happens.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You can only do so much. If it isn't happening, that has nothing to do with you. You are physically putting them together - what happens after that is on them, not you.
Don't be too hard on yourself. You can't control what happens.
Oh, I'm not. In retrospect, this whole situation is actually kind of funny. I just don't have patience.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

So, no progress.

I took @Blue Jaye's advice and took a chunk of webbing from the female and stuck it in the male's enclosure for a few days. I caught him drumming at it once, so I finally tried pairing again today. Nothing. No drumming from either party. I'm actually looking at the male right now, just sprawled out in the middle of her enclosure. He'll occasionally take a step forward with a few taps, and then nothing. It's been like this for about three hours.

I'm going to give them another hour or so, then then I'm done for the night.

I'm open to any other suggestions :rage: