As I take your hand
And lead you to the dance floor

:cool:
My palps quiver as I drum
I don't want to run
But I don't want you to suck face
In my carapace

:shy:
I was gone for a few hours and you all turn my thread into a musical.

He is def trying to lure her away from her safe zone, so he is able to get away from her when he finished the job. ;) If she dont show any interest in him, dont and i mean just dont put him in there, because then he will end up as a snack for her. :D

And yeah it is all normal that he does that. :)
So then what would you suggest? Do I try introducing them to neutral ground? I'd imagine all that would do is anger her right before the pairing. I'm not giving up on this!

louise f

Arachnoangel
I was gone for a few hours and you all turn my thread into a musical.

So then what would you suggest? Do I try introducing them to neutral ground? I'd imagine all that would do is anger her right before the pairing. I'm not giving up on this!

Hehe, when some of my males feel insecure or nervous, heck i let them mate on the table if that helps the male escape faster. :D And no it would not anger the female, at least not IME. Call me crazy if you like, i just do it sometimes if it helps like i said. If she is up to it, she is not gonna let anything like a table interfere her or anything else for that matter. except for the male.:)

You can of course just let the male lure her where he wants her to be. But i must ask has he made a spermweb yet ?
Because if he didn`t you will have to wait till he has done that.:)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Hehe, when some of my males feel insecure or nervous, heck i let them mate on the table if that helps the male escape faster. :D And no it would not anger the female, at least not IME. Call me crazy if you like, i just do it sometimes if it helps like i said. If she is up to it, she is not gonna let anything like a table interfere her or anything else for that matter. except for the male.:)

You can of course just let the male lure her where he wants her to be. But i must ask has he made a spermweb yet ?
Because if he didn`t you will have to wait till he has done that.:)
Then I think I'm going to try putting them in neutral ground today. I think I'll leave the female in there for a couple hours to let her settle first and (I'm assuming) allow her pheromones to permeate the enclosure. My female is pretty darn aggressive for a GBB, not skittish so much as she is defensive.

He's certainly made a sperm web, yes. The previous owner claims to have seen him make one, and I caught him myself cleaning up the mess of one a few nights ago.

Thank you so, so much for your help so far :) I'd give you a free sling or two if you weren't half a planet away!

louise f

Arachnoangel
Then I think I'm going to try putting them in neutral ground today. I think I'll leave the female in there for a couple hours to let her settle first and (I'm assuming) allow her pheromones to permeate the enclosure. My female is pretty darn aggressive for a GBB, not skittish so much as she is defensive.

He's certainly made a sperm web, yes. The previous owner claims to have seen him make one, and I caught him myself cleaning up the mess of one a few nights ago.

Thank you so, so much for your help so far :) I'd give you a free sling or two if you weren't half a planet away!
Hey i just hope this will work out for you. I am happy to hear he made a web, or multibles webs, nice. Well that is not gonna be a problem then. :) I am crossing fingers here for you. :)
No need to think of freebies, even i lived next door Haha:rofl:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
:banghead:

I'm sick of these two flirting. I tried the neutral ground method and it almost resulted in a lost male. I had her in there for a couple hours, after which I introduced him. Fast forward about half an hour and I've had to guide him away from her several times. No tapping, no caution, just blindly walking towards her. She finally had enough and attacked him, but luckily I got them separated in time. So, not going to try that again.

I tried pairing them again in her enclosure, and this time I actually had progress. She was drumming back! Great! And then she took a step towards him - he jetted off and out of the enclosure. I guess I'm just going to keep trying.

To take a break from this infuriating process, I'm going to be pairing my P. striata tonight. Here's to wishing for the best.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Dont give up, it will probably succeed at some point. :) I really do understand those males, it is almost like they know that they might end up as a snack :D
Good luck with it, and the Striata mating too:)

magicmed

Arachnobaron
:banghead:

I'm sick of these two flirting. I tried the neutral ground method and it almost resulted in a lost male. I had her in there for a couple hours, after which I introduced him. Fast forward about half an hour and I've had to guide him away from her several times. No tapping, no caution, just blindly walking towards her. She finally had enough and attacked him, but luckily I got them separated in time. So, not going to try that again.

I tried pairing them again in her enclosure, and this time I actually had progress. She was drumming back! Great! And then she took a step towards him - he jetted off and out of the enclosure. I guess I'm just going to keep trying.

To take a break from this infuriating process, I'm going to be pairing my P. striata tonight. Here's to wishing for the best.
Haha he knew it was a trap! Little guy is on edge

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Haha he knew it was a trap! Little guy is on edge
He's not little! He's a fairly big 5" male! He just needs to get in there and do his business. He's the same size as her, and she's receptive - just take a hint, man. She wants it, clearly. I swear, this spider should have been my spirit animal in college :shifty:

magicmed

Arachnobaron
He's not little! He's a fairly big 5" male! He just needs to get in there and do his business. He's the same size as her, and she's receptive - just take a hint, man. She wants it, clearly. I swear, this spider should have been my spirit animal in college :shifty:
Hahaha I hear ya, I'm pretty oblivious myself

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Well, look on the bright side, at least it'll be superrr rewarding when you get a sack from her!!