Buying tarantulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiJimo

Arachnopeon
hello and greetings everyone Ive finally made the decision of getting my first tarantula but where would I be able to buy one in the philippines? what would be the best beginner species and how much do they usually cost? I havent been able to find one in stores where I am thank you!

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
You can try joining facebook groups, there are folks out there that do shipping. Just make sure to vouch the reputability of seller before buying so you won't get scammed.
As for beginner species, start with Grammostola (pulchripes, porteri, rosea) and Brachypelma (hamorii, boehmei, albopilosum, vagans). They're hardy and easy to find. G. rosea is a bit pricey here in the Philippines though.

JimiJimo

Arachnopeon
You can try joining facebook groups, there are folks out there that do shipping. Just make sure to vouch the reputability of seller before buying so you won't get scammed.
As for beginner species, start with Grammostola (pulchripes, porteri, rosea) and Brachypelma (hamorii, boehmei, albopilosum, vagans). They're hardy and easy to find. G. rosea is a bit pricey here in the Philippines though.
Hi! thanks for the reply, sorey if this is a dumb question but would you be able to link me to one of these groups? Im looking current at the Brachypelma Hamorii as a first for me

boringgrip

Arachnopeon
Just try to search your "location" then the word
"Tarantula" on the FB search tab. I'll bet there will be groups that will appear. Just be careful not to get scammed, on my first transaction i have tried meeting up with the seller.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Moderator note: We don't allow links to online stores, dealers, or ads on the discussion boards (as they are akin to endorsements or advertisements) outside of the Classified section. See this thread for instructions on using our classified section.

Status
Not open for further replies.