Buying some T's, help?

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was checking out swifts today and I really want to buy some of their T's. The only thing is I'm not sure about how the money transfer thing goes. I mean I would assume PayPal or something like that, but that requires a credit card and whatnot which I don't have. So how would I go about doing this, any suggestions? Any help would be great.

Also, I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this so if it isn't, I sorry :(

Thanks,
Rain (or Courtney)

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can use Paypal with only a checking account...

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am pretty sure they will take a money order. You need to get a total and send it. As soon as they get your money order or check they will ship your order.
All you have to do is e-mail them or call and ask what to do.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My internet is super slow, and my mom disagrees with me buying T's off the internet, so I didn't look too much into it yet. But that's very good to know that they take money orders, soooo I think the tarantula buying adventure begins now :D I just have to go check out the site some more.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
My internet is super slow, and my mom disagrees with me buying T's off the internet, so I didn't look too much into it yet. But that's very good to know that they take money orders, soooo I think the tarantula buying adventure begins now :D I just have to go check out the site some more.
i buy all of mine with checks. they wait till the check clears, then send the T. that way, i'm not given out my credit card number ;)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just contact swift and explain your situation, hes a great guy and will work with you...never hurts to ask....

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah I just emailed him, I'm really hoping this works out to my advantage, I really want some more pretty little spiders :D

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Swift is a great guy. I actually CALLED him, the morning after my 21st birthday, having been awake almost 30 hours and thus completely out of it, to talk about tarantulas. {D He was very pleasant to me just the same, even despite my phone dying in the middle of the discussion about whether or not he was able to sex any of the GBBs he had at the time.

I ended up spending a ton of money, though, so I guess he still got the better end of the deal despite having to deal with me. {D

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i buy all of mine with checks. they wait till the check clears, then send the T. that way, i'm not given out my credit card number ;)
I still have never seen a site where you can enter you CC info. I have only seen breeders that use paypal, check or MO. How would you be providing you CC info to them when paypal verifies it through your bank and it is a secure transaction through their site? They only list the last 4 digits.

If you dont have a CC and dont want to wait for a check to clear, or MO to arrive just go to paypal and become a verified member by entering your bank account number and routing number and you can pay directly from your bank account without a debit card, and it doesn't provide the seller with any of your account info anyway. It is totally safe to purchase from online breeders, and is also definitely the preferred method for most.

Goo luck with whatever you get!!

BinarySpider2

Arachnopeon
PayPal

I still have never seen a site where you can enter you CC info. I have only seen breeders that use paypal, check or MO. How would you be providing you CC info to them when paypal verifies it through your bank and it is a secure transaction through their site? They only list the last 4 digits.

If you dont have a CC and dont want to wait for a check to clear, or MO to arrive just go to paypal and become a verified member by entering your bank account number and routing number and you can pay directly from your bank account without a debit card, and it doesn't provide the seller with any of your account info anyway. It is totally safe to purchase from online breeders, and is also definitely the preferred method for most.

Goo luck with whatever you get!!
PayPal is a nice set up for those who want to try and get into a business for next to nothing by saling stuff. You can set up an account with them using a CC but it may take a few days to verify.

Everyting is based on email addresses. You use your email address as a login and you send money to an email address which is the other persons account. Neat idea that has helped out with online business.

BTW, I have never used Swifts but I have heard they are OK. Read the...

Online Dealer Reviews

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/forumdisplay.php?f=8

BinarySpider2

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
kelly swift is awesome been dealing w/him for years,he definitly takes money orders,checks,paypal ofcourse. dealing w/him? you 'll be glad ya did! good luck on your new ts(which ever ones ya get):)

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was think of B emilia, c fimbriatus, P pulcher, or H incei... Not sure which one(s) I'm going to get yet...

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've ordered twice from Kelly Swift. Both times i called and had a chat w/ him about my purchases before giving him my CC# over the phone. This worked out nicely because he gave me some advice about temperament and housing requirements that really helped me out. He also said he didn't mind one bit doing business over the phone. Call, leave a message and he will get back to you. Like many of us, it seems that he likes to talk about inverts whenever given the chance. If you catch him when he's not busy he may really help you out with info on keeping the species you're interested in. Of course, i shouldn't be offering up somebody elses time, this was my experience though.

Also, every T i've gotten from him (9 in total) has been completely healthy and very carefully packed. I reccomend him with no reservations.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
PS: I reaalllly enjoy watching my litle H incei but she is a speed demon. They are leggier and greener than the pic on his website suggests, also they have these cute little white toes in front. Keep in mind that they are a dwarf species so they'll stay pretty small. Beautiful irridescent sparkly little t's that take prey very aggressively, love 'em!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well you mum is wrong lol Actually i would reccomend buying from a reputable online dealer before any petstore i have ever seen. Better T's and more captive bred instead of wild caught