Buying more

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are the ones I'm buying today and getting tomorrow:

Mexican Red Rump (Brachypelma vagans) 2"
Curly Hair Tarantula (Brachypelma albopilosum) 2.5"
Costa Rican Tigerrump Tarantula (Cyclosternum fasciatum) 2"

So all information anyone can give me on these species even though I read up on them I'd be glad to hear / see it thanks.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am told that albopilosums like it humid, so mist the substrate every couple days, or overfill the water dish. They are considered to be docile; of course individual ones may be different.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am told that albopilosums like it humid, so mist the substrate every couple days, or overfill the water dish. They are considered to be docile; of course individual ones may be different.
Mine hates the wet substrate. She may be an anomaly, but she prefers it dry.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
to my knowledge, ALL brachypelma spec. hate misting and prefer rather dry surroundings. maybe not bone dry all the time, but misting a brachy is never a good idea.

the vagans and albo are quite straightforward: no misting (even with slings slightly moist substrate and a few drops of water once or twice a week down a side of the tank is fine), relatively dry substrate, full waterdish. provide a hide and plenty of substrate to burrow in - the smaller they are, the more they hide/burrow.

the fasciatum likes a bit more moisture than the brachys, but as long as you keep part of the substrate moist and her waterdish full, there is no need for misting, either. i never misted mine and they bred just fine ;). you might want to provide her with a hide, high substrate and real or fake plants. many individuals of this species are quite secretive and feel more secure when they have plenty of stuff to hide behind ;). the increases the chances of seing her regularly.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are the ones I'm buying today and getting tomorrow:

Mexican Red Rump (Brachypelma vagans) 2"
Curly Hair Tarantula (Brachypelma albopilosum) 2.5"
Costa Rican Tigerrump Tarantula (Cyclosternum fasciatum) 2"

So all information anyone can give me on these species even though I read up on them I'd be glad to hear / see it thanks.
Ok so I got my babies and they all look lovely...

The redrump actually has like a tan patch on his "butt" per se. so I guess when that gets darker it may molt. Yes, I realize that balding isnt always a sign of molting.

The curly hair is nice and big not too much to say about this guy for now.

And the C. Fasciatum is beautiful it show the trademark design of the black / orange strips on the abdomen hence tiger rump I think. lol..pictures soon.

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
the CF likes some humidity and will always take a nice fat meal. a little on the fast and skittish side but one of my favorite species, moderate growers as well. good luck with it