Buying crickets

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I'm getting my first T on Friday, and I need to start thinking about feeding her. I went to Petsmart the other day to buy the terrarium and some accessories and I came across a product called ZooMed Can O' Crickets. The problem is that they're not live crickets. Should a T always be fed live crickets, or can I just heat them up and she'll eat them anyways?

Product page:
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441777402&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302030047&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023694&bmUID=1168385108526&itemNo=4&In=Reptile&N=2030047&Ne=2

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya heating perserved freeze dried crickets will do one thing and thats make a nasty nasty smell........
Most T's except slings will not mess with pre killed prey......or preserved prey.

Since you only have one T, I would recommend just getting live crickets from petsmart every now and then..... You said she was a 3" Smithi.... you can feed her every other week and just a few crickets and she will be just fine.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Although I've had a bit of luck using these as feeders, they smell like cheap dog food and aren't worth the trouble.

I recommend just buying crickets every few weeks.

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah that stuff's so good last time I was at the local chain pet store they had their entire supply of the "Can-O-" line on clearence LOL. I would like to hear more about this slings actually eating them. Correct me if I'm wrong cause again I don't know much of the "T Slang" but a sling is a young T right?

Ephebopus.M

Arachnopeon
yeah those go good on sandwiches...

dont bother getting those.. unless you plan on eating them yourself lol

if you want to get the best out of crickets "live" is the the best you can get...

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
getting live crix also gives you a chance to gut-load them. something that i highly doubt the pre-killed ones have.

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, Spiderling aka Sling.:)
Awsome, thanks! Didn't want to be posting on any future topic about Sling's thinking they where spiderlings only to turn out it was a freak'n worm or something weird LOL.