Butt rot.

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have this on another thread about a bad molt, but it turns out it's really an infection. Has anyone seen this and know what causes it. This is a Cyropagopus sp. blue 2" living in coco bark. The substrate itself was moist only on the top from misting and the spider had dug a 4-5" burrow. It came out and was flipped on its back and I assumed it was just a normal molt. 12 hours later I became concerned because the molt hadn't even started and the legs were curled. I misted the tank and let her go until 20+ hours, then I took her out and took this picture.

One spinerette appeared dried and the other was missing. Impacted feces and necrosis? What should I do diffrerently next time?
Here she is healthy before the incident.

Spar

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry about your spider but that title cracked me up.{D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That looks kind of like what's been called a "wet molt". I've seen it discussed both here and at ATSHQ. Sorry but i don't have any suggestions for you though.
I'm assuming you lost the t? Sorry for your misfortune.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Maybe she's just wet from where he misted though?
Looks like a rupture to me.

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I understand of a wet molt, the spider actually molts or begins to molt. The moisture on this pic was water I spritzed to help soften the exoskeleton in case she was molting. No actual molting occured here. The spider flipped on its back and died.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Haha we posted at the same time.
It looks like a rupture. Or maybe a parasite?