Buthus raizing

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello guys!

Today I decide to capture a few scorplings I've found yesterday and raize them to adult.

So, I went back to the place I had founded them and I saw that the mother abandoned they in the hole.
I could count the scorplings that still surrounding tha holle. That was 30+ scorplings. I take 6 to home.
They are very very small. I guess I2...

Heres some pics:
that is the enclosures

and that is the size of the scorps:

Sorry for the bad pics.

I've a fez questions that I hope your all help me with.

So the first:
-Anyone guess the instar of them?
-They are 2 scorplings per enclusure. They will canibalize their mate?
- Any trics or tips to raize that specie of scorpion? I guess the care is like a B. Occitanus that I know that some people here have. Anyone have raized 2I of that species that could help me?

Cheers

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Since you have a few of them, what i suggest, and this is me, keep them together and monitor and record everything that goes on. This will help other people as well when they get soe of these. Or you could always send some my way..haha

Brandon

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I gave they yesterday small roaches with more and less the size of the scorpion but no one ate anything.

What can I do wrong? Anyone help me please!

edit: the two roaches I've put into one of the enclosures are all died, but not eaten :S

Last edited:

xsmacks

Arachnopeon
Hi! Yes, you are right, they are B. occitanus, 2 instar. I own 2 of them, but not from wild, they are captive breed. You can use dead insects for feeding them, like dead, crushed crickets, mealworms,etc. Don´t hold them too dry, they will die! Put a few drops of water in a corner every 2 or 3 days. I keep them in Cricketboxes, SEPARATED! Everybody told me, they are typically Buthus, they will kill each other when molt. Thats all i can say about raising little Buthus occitanus by now!

Greets
xsmacks

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, Thanks very much, xsmacks!

I'm droping water in the enclosure and I will separate them!

I will try to give parcial dead roaches today at night. I hope that results!! :S I'm very worried...

Thaks one more time for the advices! really helps!

xsmacks

Arachnopeon
The most important thing is givving them enough moisture for molt. I forgot to say, i keep them at 30-31 °C over the day and 18-27 at night. Add a small piece of bark as a hide for every scorpion, they will like it. Good luck with these little killers! :)

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The most important thing is givving them enough moisture for molt. I forgot to say, i keep them at 30-31 °C over the day and 18-27 at night. Add a small piece of bark as a hide for every scorpion, they will like it. Good luck with these little killers! :)
about the temperature, they were WC near to my home, so I'm not very worried about that! :D
They all have a piece of bark for hiding!
I'm only worried cause they arente eating, but today at night I will try to make them feed in crushed small roaches!

Thak U a lot!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you have crickets try it with them. My scorpions only eat crickets, but that might not be a problem with yours..

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

Infortunely no one ate anything!

They may be stressed or something like that!

I will try to make them eat. If in few days they still refuse food, I will let they free!!

xsmacks

Arachnopeon
Do they have a day/night rythm in their boxes? My B. occitanus always come out at night and never catch prey when the lights are turned on. Perhaps you should put a lamp over the deli cups for 10 hours a day? The other thing i remember is when i talk about dead insects i mean crushed insects. Smash a cricket or something similar until all the juices {D come out... Place that cricket mess under the bark. Don't give up!

Greets
xsmacks

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nice looking shoes there! :D

dont give up, maybe you can toss some smaller prey items, or make some crix soup... and leave it on a small cap... there are millions of ways how to feed small scorps... unfortunately the rest are to be discovered... ;P

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi guys, thanks for the answers.

I've allready give small roaches alive, semi killed, and die, small arachnids and nothing...

They have the natural daylight (and darkness)! They are near to a window!

I dont know what more can I do... :(

xsmacks

Arachnopeon
I dont know what more can I do... :(
More than bringing them back to nature. I thaught your goal was to breed some B. occitanus/ibericus. You have taken six of thirty young scorplings from the wild. Try everything to raise them to adult. It will be very sad if the die but in the wild more than six would have died. Think about all the predators out there!
If you dont find out how to feed them you never can stop WCs from your country. Stay on! Catch flys, caterpillars, ants, locusts, spiders...
Its like kahoy said, there are still millions of ways to feed them. Don't panic! They wont die from hunger in one or two weeks.

Greets
xsmacks

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ANTS!!

that is the key! thanks xsmachs!
I never try this prey! I will try today!! I hope it results!!

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The youngs still refuse eating :(

Dont touch in ants!!

Alltought, My adult male ate a grasshopper last night :D

xsmacks

Arachnopeon
How long do you have got them now? When i buyed my scorplings i gave them a half, dead mealworm and they eat over the half of it! Then they did not eat for 10 days or so. Could you post a picture of a scorp from side? Then we could see if its well fed. They could also be really stressed from all the "prey testing".
I think you should leave them alone for 3 or 4 days and try again.

Greets
xsmacks

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

I get the scorplings I think more and less a week ago.

I can take a side pic cause my camera is soooo bad :(

I will let a dead small grasshopper in one enclusure to see if it results and the other one I will let resting few days! ;)

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Guys, I've good news!!

The scorpling I gave the pre-killed grasshoper is now eating that!!

hehe i'm so happy!

Was a victory for me :D :D