• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Buthacus arenicola

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have been keeping these types for years bringing these from the wild in Egypt.
These are usually not real aggressive, but a couple months ago i tried to pick up and move a small rock in the enclosure when a female got me on the side of my ring finger of my right hand. The initial sharp prick transformed to some intense pain in the hand and some minor swelling. Within an hour or so my arm felt like it was blugeoned and a bit numb in the fingers. By the next day it had subsided to just localized tenderness and a little swelling. It hurt pretty bad and reaffirmed my respect for the creature. When it happened I was relieved it wasn't her neighboring enclosure, the deathstalker arena.
Kelly

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Update: It has been now 2 1/2 months since this stinging incident and the area on my finger where the stinger hit me has created a new, itchy sore. Just out of the blue. When I itch it I get a tingling sensation up my arm and fingers. This is from the second time stung from this same scorpion and the second time was much more terrible than the first time. I don't recommend handling this type of scorpion. By the way, this scorpion is wild caught.