busy little arachnid!

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Grael
hmmm i think shes trying to get to china lol shes dug quite a big hole for herself now and shes not using the hide i give her shall i take the hide out?
Eh, might as well leave it in as you never know what your T will decide in the future. Their behavior in regards to burrows and hides changes quite a bit as they mature.

For example, most Brachypelma slings spend their smaller days burrowing and hidden from view. As they get larger they will settle for a hide, and when larger still are usually content to just sit out in the open.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Eh, might as well leave it in as you never know what your T will decide in the future. Their behavior in regards to burrows and hides changes quite a bit as they mature.

For example, most Brachypelma slings spend their smaller days burrowing and hidden from view. As they get larger they will settle for a hide, and when larger still are usually content to just sit out in the open.
OK thanks :) she is very fussy >_<

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Redecorating

She has recently constructed a volcano..or a mountain whatever you wnat to call it all around her waterdish.Not in it, just around it..then webbed up the top.
That's kinda cool. I don't know what other species remodel, but I'd like to get another decorating T. So far, watching Peso working at construction has probably been the coolest show, next to molting. Just to see him/her web up a patch of soil before gathering it up and carrying it with the chelicerae is really fascinating. I hope you luck into such a viewing oppurtunity.
Paul