Busy Busy Cobalt

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So i looked in on my H lividum last night and found that she's been busy! She'd already dug almost to the bottom and excavated a good sized chamber. Over the last 48 hours though she's added dramatically to the size of her condo. The dirt pile was touching the ceiling in places! At least she was nice and tidy and did not bury the water dish. Thanks Boba!

She's now alll the way at the bottom and has a huge chamber dug out. She even made me a new window to voyeur through. This time i'm coverung it over in hopes that she'll leave it transparent for me.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Did you give her a starter burrow or did she do it all on her own?
I gave her a 3" starter burrow with a chunk of wood from her old enclosure at the top (familiar scent, it seems to help). Within a few days she'd dug nearly to the bottom and made a decent sized chamber at the bottom. She stayed like that for a couple of months. I was like "Wow, that's one hell of a burrow."

Then 2 days ago i saw this stuff starting. When i got home last night she'd dug even more. The entire bottom of the enclosure is now a gigantic chamber with windows all around. The dirt was piled to the ceiling and her burrow was extended up and over it, back down to the water dish which was STILL undisturbed. She's the only T i have that respects the sanctity of the water dish! I had to wreck some of it just to get the lid off and scoop out a bunch of the dirt. I wonder now if theres a risk of collapse, it's not like there's any support pillars down there...

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My lividum has done almost the same thing. She's got about 6 or 7" of dirt (I know it's not as much as she'd like but it's the best I could do) - but she doesn't seem to mind. At first she just had a tunnel going to the bottom but over time, she has extended that tunnel to also run across the entire length of the KK at the bottom, and also had started to dig upwards again in one spot (almost like another opening). Very cool to see! I'm glad your lividum seems happy in her setup. :D