bush viper feeding

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Caught this pick the other day. These snakes are not for everyone and have had alot of trining in the handling/care of these kinds of animals. I just thought I would share a beautiful animal with the boards.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very beautiful viper man. Is it orboreal? Im training my self with a False Water Cobra right now. I hope to keep vipers some time in the future.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice.We are having a Hot show this weekend in San Antonio and I can not wait to see what they got.Looking for a Gaboon viper

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mo- this is an arboreal species of viper. Small but very testy. I would get a mentor to practice your hot handling skills with in addition to your falsey
kevin- if they have any creastes cerastes I would really like some. Obviously they need to be healthy and feeding but if you find some think of me

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mo- this is an arboreal species of viper. Small but very testy. I would get a mentor to practice your hot handling skills with in addition to your falsey
kevin- if they have any creastes cerastes I would really like some. Obviously they need to be healthy and feeding but if you find some think of me
Will do!I will take some pics will I am there.Last show did not take any pics because my mouth was drooling so bad.

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm going to the Repticon show here in Columbia SC one of the biggest hot shows in the south east and I am super excited! That is a very nice Atheris ceratophora you got there. Talk about testy though, the Cerastes cerastes will make your Atheris look like a Cornsnake! Great pic

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
True, but A friend of mine had a C cerastes that was pretty darn near 3ft! Fortunately it was too "hefty" to be as literally jumpy as they tend to be. I like the Bitis peringueyi for desert vipers too. Two tiny eyes poking out of the sand cracks me up everytime I see it. And the caudal luring is interesting as well. Or even Echis carinatus with the rasping noise of the scales being rubbed together. In anyway they are all pretty awesome animals. I think I'm gonna pick up some Waglers this year and probably some Cape Coral Cobras, and that will do the venomous for me 'til next tax season.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
True, but A friend of mine had a C cerastes that was pretty darn near 3ft! Fortunately it was too "hefty" to be as literally jumpy as they tend to be. I like the Bitis peringueyi for desert vipers too. Two tiny eyes poking out of the sand cracks me up everytime I see it. And the caudal luring is interesting as well. Or even Echis carinatus with the rasping noise of the scales being rubbed together. In anyway they are all pretty awesome animals. I think I'm gonna pick up some Waglers this year and probably some Cape Coral Cobras, and that will do the venomous for me 'til next tax season.
Yes I told my wife the Bitis gabonica will the last for my.But my fingers were crossed behind my backing,meaning that is it for terrestrials.

Next year this year I want to get an/some arboreals,Been checking in on those Bothriechis schlegelii Those Waglers also crossed my mind.

Also want a normal kaouthia female for my male ,But that is a bit pushing it.Well before I finish my room I plan on making in my barn hot lair any ways... :)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great picture, what a beautiful snake! Is this the same thing as an "eyelash viper" or just a similar species? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know herps.

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks. no this is an usumbara bush viper some times called eyelash bush viper. The eyelash viper is from central america, these are from africa. entirely different genus and species. but the fit the same ecologocial niche. though, Atheris ceratophora (this snake), gets significantly smaller than the eyelash viper (bothriechis schlegelli).

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will try. I do have to get close to get a shot like this so its safer with a pink stuffed in his mouth! But I will be feeding tomorrow

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No doubt, understandable. I think that its an amazing picture with the pink in its mouth. Maybe a feeding video. How long is your Bush Viper and do you know the sex?

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Noticed the first pic is your profile pic on venomousreptiles.org

I almost got one at the show and wanted one but done spent enough of my allowance for the month.

Is it male or female?

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its male ltc. They have yet to be captive bred in the us. What were they going for at the show? Did you get a sweet deal on the schlegelli?