Burrowing wolf spider?

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Nope, None of the Wolf spiders I have kept can climb smooth surfaces not sure about slings though.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Brief question: I was asked if I could take care of a friend's Hogna and never had any in my inventory. I am interested in whether they can climb smooth surfaces (e.g. glass)?
They can kinda climb the corners if your enclosure is dusty, otherwise no

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Hogna Schmitzi can climb and is often upside down hanging in its acrylic enclosure. Haven't tested glass.
I would add that the H. Schmitzi does tend to also web up a bit as it likes, so maybe the webbing is what helps it to climb, not sure.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hogna Schmitzi can climb and is often upside down hanging in its acrylic enclosure. Haven't tested glass.
I would add that the H. Schmitzi does tend to also web up a bit as it likes, so maybe the webbing is what helps it to climb, not sure.
Really? Even when a tiny sling the most mine managed was just about off the ground as she was holding onto some webbing. Once she'd grown out of the 3cm sling pot she's never been able to get off the ground.

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Really? Even when a tiny sling the most mine managed was just about off the ground as she was holding onto some webbing. Once she'd grown out of the 3cm sling pot she's never been able to get off the ground.
Yea I'll try to get some pics / vids next time he's up there. Sometimes I get kind of spooked cuz I dont expect him to be on top.. His last molt he actually made a web hammock on the ceiling and molted there.
I think the reason for it is due to me setting up the enclosure initially for a tarantula, with an aquifer water layer at the bottom, and wet/moist sub with springtails... then I put him in there, so he probably hated the wetness, and camped out on top.
His previous one was very dry and he burrowed in the substrate.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yea I'll try to get some pics / vids next time he's up there. Sometimes I get kind of spooked cuz I dont expect him to be on top.. His last molt he actually made a web hammock on the ceiling and molted there.
I think the reason for it is due to me setting up the enclosure initially for a tarantula, with an aquifer water layer at the bottom, and wet/moist sub with springtails... then I put him in there, so he probably hated the wetness, and camped out on top.
His previous one was very dry and he burrowed in the substrate.
Oh aye. He'd have hated the damp sub.

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Ahhhh he clings to the holes. Still some work that. What size roughly and age?
Was about 0.25" (probably less than that, he was tiny) when I got him in Nov 2020 (thanksgiving week). Since that pic of him hanging upside down he's molted, now he looks like this. I'd say around 2" maybe bigger as his legs are very long.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 4.42.06 PM.jpg

This is just a screenshot I took from a video I have of him (since I didn't have any pics handy).

basin79

ArachnoGod
Was about 0.25" (probably less than that, he was tiny) when I got him in Nov 2020 (thanksgiving week). Since that pic of him hanging upside down he's molted, now he looks like this. I'd say around 2" maybe bigger as his legs are very long.

View attachment 378540

This is just a screenshot I took from a video I have of him (since I didn't have any pics handy).
Bloody hell!!!!!!!! I got my tiny sing 10th July 2020.
FA27F68B-4011-46D7-9F0E-AA6B83B0AC0D.jpeg

Rehoused today after she appeared yesterday after being underground for 3 weeks. Unfortunately one of her back legs is goosed. Didn't harden right. Hoping she's got at least another couple of moults to sort it out.
F27C6745-D8AB-45BE-B191-03F2CE49B9A9.jpeg
B8540F0D-2651-4967-8637-A942AD6F4BF2.jpeg 0F0CE776-24A0-4E79-98CC-E18F3D4FD3E3.jpeg

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Those are some impressive pics!!! Looks amazing! From your pic I would say yours was smaller than mine when I first got it. So maybe mine really was 0.25" (and not smaller). At that size I didn't bother to break out the tape! But I might have some video footage somewhere.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Those are some impressive pics!!! Looks amazing! From your pic I would say yours was smaller than mine when I first got it. So maybe mine really was 0.25" (and not smaller). At that size I didn't bother to break out the tape! But I might have some video footage somewhere.
Not that it matters to her but I'm really hoping she has more growing to do. Manages to get that leg out the next moult and ends up with 8 legs as an adult.

And thank you.

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Not that it matters to her but I'm really hoping she has more growing to do. Manages to get that leg out the next moult and ends up with 8 legs as an adult.

And thank you.
I hope she does m8 she's got some nice thickness to her would be great to see her in her full form.

Conor10

Arachnoknight
She threw out the sac. I tried to give it back to her but she didn’t want it, I opened it and... It’s INFERTILE.☹

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Huge update: Plants died, you can see the progress on the burrow, and today she is in the process of making another EGG SAC. I noticed how fat she was but I thought it was from her last meal that was a little too big but she ate it anyway. 252AA29F-4823-4C41-A9B7-B652385802E2.jpeg 0F8BC602-BEAE-499A-999E-396E2C4643C7.jpeg

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Lots of Geolycosa rafaelana down in Colorado U.S. beautiful fossorial WS. I would definitely go deep with sub with yours. IMG_20200808_175218.jpg