Burrowing & Asian, eating problems

treese032

Arachnopeon
So I have trouble getting my scorions to eat. One is an unknown age and the Asian is about 3-4 months old. I've tried leaving crickets , roaches , super worms in the enclosures but most of the time the just die after a few days. I've tried to tong feed and with the burrowing it works 1 out 5 times. With the Asian it doesn't work at all. I feed about once a week or within a 5 to 7 day period. Tong feeding seems to stress out my burrowing scorpion, he/she has an attitud times 10! And the little Asian doesn't seem to mind but still won't eat. Any thoughts ?

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
I guess they also got the news about the lockdown :cool:
Scorpions can sometimes have a fasting period of several weeks, sometimes months.
What usually works is raising the temperature (and humidity in case of the Asian) during daytime.
Don't expect results the next day, i can take up to a week for changes to take effect.
Mind that your Asian could also be unhappy with the condition or type of substrate.
I recommend dropping a feeder in after sunset, take it out the next morning if it is still there.
Even if you improve on conditions in the enclosure there still is the subject of molting which also creates an inactive scorpion that won't eat.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
sometimes their refusal of food can be due to their environment being too cold. Other times it could be they've entered a dormancy/hibernation type stage (which they seem to go into when the enclosure is too cold).
Also if you notice them roaming around during the day it's a sign they're unhappy with their enclosure. If you're not seeing that then the temp and humidity issue is probably a factor.