burrowers and feeding help

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
without disturbing my burrowing T's, how can i make sure that the cricket was taken? for instance, my H.Lividum sling is always in her hole as they normally are and if i ever have to feed her, i normally try to do so right before i go to bed so there is a better chance of her feeding during the night. of course, when i wake up the next day, the cricket is gone, BUT sometimes the crickets will hide under the leaf which is somewhat webbed to the substrate in the enclosure. should i just trust that she took the food?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
without disturbing my burrowing T's, how can i make sure that the cricket was taken? for instance, my H.Lividum sling is always in her hole as they normally are and if i ever have to feed her, i normally try to do so right before i go to bed so there is a better chance of her feeding during the night. of course, when i wake up the next day, the cricket is gone, BUT sometimes the crickets will hide under the leaf which is somewhat webbed to the substrate in the enclosure. should i just trust that she took the food?
Just take a peek under the leaf, or remove it completely if your really stressing about whether or not it ate it. With most burrowers you just kinda have to guess that it took it unless it eats it out right in front of you. If crickets always disappear the following day then it is most likely eating them. Nothing big to worry about.