Burrow take over?

BlerginBlarg

Arachnopeon
Has anyone rehoused a T, then given its old home to a new T? If so how has it gone? Or maybe what would you change?

Here's why I ask. I just bought a B.Emilia and I have a A.Seemani or a B.Boehmei that i have been considering rehouseing anyway. I was wondering if I did rehouse one of them, and put the B.Emilia in their old home. Would the B.Emilia take over and settle in? Has anyone tried this? Would there be a better one transfer over?

Here's what I've considered this far.

Neither of their substrates is very old/dirty, if at all. The B.Boehmei's enclosure has no webbing. It's just wondered the sides of its enclosure for the last 7 months. And the A.Seemani has a burrow and some lighter webbing on the ground holding the coconut husk in place. But other wise naught. I don't think I have to worry about that aspect of the enclosures. Tho... considering the B.Boehmei didn't like the pre-mixed soil and wood chip substrate mix, the B.Emilia may not either. (Granted that's an new keepers attempt at trying to figure out a Ts behavior)

I tried searching about the topic, but didn't come across anything I thought was super solid. Some info came from some pest control sites. :/ Maybe my search parameters need some fixing.

Anyway. Any tips, info and experience would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Has anyone rehoused a T, then given its old home to a new T? If so how has it gone? Or maybe what would you change?

Here's why I ask. I just bought a B.Emilia and I have a A.Seemani or a B.Boehmei that i have been considering rehouseing anyway. I was wondering if I did rehouse one of them, and put the B.Emilia in their old home. Would the B.Emilia take over and settle in? Has anyone tried this? Would there be a better one transfer over?

Here's what I've considered this far.

Neither of their substrates is very old/dirty, if at all. The B.Boehmei's enclosure has no webbing. It's just wondered the sides of its enclosure for the last 7 months. And the A.Seemani has a burrow and some lighter webbing on the ground holding the coconut husk in place. But other wise naught. I don't think I have to worry about that aspect of the enclosures. Tho... considering the B.Boehmei didn't like the pre-mixed soil and wood chip substrate mix, the B.Emilia may not either. (Granted that's an new keepers attempt at trying to figure out a Ts behavior)

I tried searching about the topic, but didn't come across anything I thought was super solid. Some info came from some pest control sites. :/ Maybe my search parameters need some fixing.

Anyway. Any tips, info and experience would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Get some pics for context , there’s no guarantee the spider will use the burrow but it happens in the wild when a burrow goes vacant . Some spiders refuse to hide others always hide !

BlerginBlarg

Arachnopeon
Ok, got some! Hopefully these help.

there’s no guarantee the spider will use the burrow but it happens in the wild when a burrow goes vacant . Some spiders refuse to hide others always hide !
That makes sense. I'd have thought a 3.5" (?) DLS B.Boehmei would like it use its hide more. Or even just settle on the substrate more often then it has. I've been under the assumption that it's in premolt.

alt="20230527_223809.jpg"]446227[/ATTACH] 20230527_223748.jpg 20230527_223735.jpg 20230527_223513.jpg 20230527_223528.jpg

Attachments

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +

BlerginBlarg

Arachnopeon
Thank you everyone for letting me pick your brains.

Another thought I had today too was, if I did go thru with my little idea I'd miss out on getting to build the T's little environment. That alone is reason enough to change stuff out between rehouseings.