Burrow question

Jerry

Arachnobaron
All I have is Coco fiber and my B vafabs is upset he can't get a burrow that doesn't collapse I don't have the money to get peat moss right now I do have a price of PVC pipe that's a big enough diameter for him if I put it unber the Coco fiber with the end exposed would that make an OK burrow for now intelligence I can get some peat for better substrate for him to burrow

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Thanks I heard of people using PVC for hides wasn't sure about burrowers tho wether they would accept it or not

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Ever since I put in the piece of PVC he's been a recluse I haven't seen him out at all

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My female B.vagans uses her hide a lot compared to my male. It doesn't take much for her to run into her cork hide and she doesn't come out while I am about in the T room.

Your T is fine no need to worry.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
O I wasn't worried I think it's funny that I was worried about it being accepted and now he/she never comes out :)

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
I use a piece of cork bark partially buried for my B. Smithi and it uses it quite often. Im sure you can pick up a piece of cork bark at a local pet shop for a few pounds and failing that a small plant pot cut in half will do. PVC will work but cork bark looks a little better IMO.

complicz

Arachnopeon
I made a burrow under cork bark for my B. smithi. She just ignored it for a year and after that she dug her own on the other side of enclosure. Sub is coco fiber and it holds :)

Jerry

Arachnobaron
The PVC is under the substrate so you only see the very end and I hot glued some moss around it so you can't see the PVC I'm not worried about it he/ she will be fine tell it's time to rehouse

Timc

Arachnosquire
I've used coco fiber forever and never had a burrow collapse. I don't get it.

Timc

Arachnosquire
I've used coco fiber forever and never had a burrow collapse. I don't get it.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Maybe he wasn't trying very hard but he had a starter burrow and was in it and the burrow turned into a ditch where it calapsed and he didn't dig a new one assumed it was the substrate or maybe I have a lazy vagans but either way he has a hid now and he's started to half close the front of it with substrate