Buried

JohnGwapo

Arachnopeon
My sling buried himself about 2 days ago is this normal? At first he just cover his burrow with web then the nxt morning it has a dirt covering it... is this normal?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My sling buried himself about 2 days ago is this normal? At first he just cover his burrow with web then the nxt morning it has a dirt covering it... is this normal?
Which species is it? Do you have a picture of the enclosure?

Tarantulas will often seal themselves in when they are preparing to molt. It's their "do not disturb" sign.

JohnGwapo

Arachnopeon
Which species is it? Do you have a picture of the enclosure?

Tarantulas will often seal themselves in when they are preparing to molt. It's their "do not disturb" sign.
I dont know its species but I think its the Philippine Tangerine T

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I dont know its species but I think its the Philippine Tangerine T
According to Google, "Philippine tangerine tarantula" usually refers to Orphnaecus philippinus. Does that sound right?

I don't have firsthand experience with this species, but I believe it's a burrower that prefers slightly moist substrate. @Tomoran has a care guide for them.

If you post pictures of your setup, someone who keeps this species can probably offer feedback.

JohnGwapo

Arachnopeon
According to Google, "Philippine tangerine tarantula" usually refers to Orphnaecus philippinus. Does that sound right?

I don't have firsthand experience with this species, but I believe it's a burrower that prefers slightly moist substrate. @Tomoran has a care guide for them.

If you post pictures of your setup, someone who keeps this species can probably offer feedback.
Here is the enlosure

Attachments