Bumblebee Millipede Problems

AverageBugFan

Arachnopeon
To whoever is reading this,
I got a bumblebee millipede in mid-August, and it buried itself in early September. She would come out every so often during the first two or three weeks I had her. However, I noticed mold growing on the perimeters of the cage, but I read on several forums that millipedes eat mold, so I figured it was fine. In addition, the temperature in the enclosure (a glass tank with a towel over a mesh top) fluctuated from 65 to 85 degrees and the substrate (EcoSoil from ZooMed and coconut fiber as the base) humidity would fluctuate from 40 to 70 percent as soon as I sprayed it. I was going to dig her out to put her in a temporary enclosure while I cleaned the larger one, but I found two halves of what I'm assuming is her exoskeleton in the substrate. It was faded, white, and hollow. I think part of the fault was that the thermostat in my dormitory room would go up a couple of degrees without my control and mess up the rates. I would also spray her tank several times a day since the substrate dried out so often. Is there anything I could have done to help her?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
To whoever is reading this,
I got a bumblebee millipede in mid-August, and it buried itself in early September. She would come out every so often during the first two or three weeks I had her. However, I noticed mold growing on the perimeters of the cage, but I read on several forums that millipedes eat mold, so I figured it was fine. In addition, the temperature in the enclosure (a glass tank with a towel over a mesh top) fluctuated from 65 to 85 degrees and the substrate (EcoSoil from ZooMed and coconut fiber as the base) humidity would fluctuate from 40 to 70 percent as soon as I sprayed it. I was going to dig her out to put her in a temporary enclosure while I cleaned the larger one, but I found two halves of what I'm assuming is her exoskeleton in the substrate. It was faded, white, and hollow. I think part of the fault was that the thermostat in my dormitory room would go up a couple of degrees without my control and mess up the rates. I would also spray her tank several times a day since the substrate dried out so often. Is there anything I could have done to help her?
You need to get your set up sorted.
A temperature difference of 20 degrees is not ideal, not is the humidity difference of 40/70.
Try using the search engine on this site before attempting to keep anymore

Research Before is always better than panic questions After

AverageBugFan

Arachnopeon
I absolutely plan on figuring out what went wrong before I get another millipede. I have been doing research since the day I got her on how to keep her, and most of it came from the Myriapod boards. Her temperature mostly stayed constant, and I tried keeping her humidity up, but I think the temperature fluctuations with the thermostat in my room might have done her in. I was mostly afraid of her drowining if I kept the soil too moist since it would get up to 70% if I sprayed it too much.