Bumblebee Millipede Babies

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm exchanging emails with Orin M. regarding a purchase and I mention that the Bumblebee millipedes I got from him last year at about 3/4" are doing well and are around 1.5". Orin mentions that these breed before they reach their full size of about 2" or so and that I may have a bunch of babies. So I go check and sure enough.

Babies

Parents (actually about 2")

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey i don't even like millies. but those are cool. good luck with them. and congrats.

moose

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good 'cause when I go there someday I'm definately getting some of these! I love the colors!

Black Widow88

millipeter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's Anadenobolus monilicornis (PORAT, 1876) which occurs in the Caribbean and was introduced to the U.S. At a constant temperature of 24-26°C they will breed very easy and you will get a lot of tiny millipedes.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's Anadenobolus monilicornis (PORAT, 1876) which occurs in the Caribbean and was introduced to the U.S. At a constant temperature of 24-26°C they will breed very easy and you will get a lot of tiny millipedes.
Thanks alot for the info! *Goes to write this in her bug journal*

Black Widow88

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those look a lot like the Psychedelic rainbow millipedes that I have been getting for the store that I work at. Do you know if the two are related at all?

millipeter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry, don't know what millipede you exactly mean. I think you mean the ones with red dots on the back?
There is the vietnamese rainbows Aulacobolus rubropunctatusthat are not really closely related to them. There is a similar looking species, mainly from Puerto Rico imported, that belongs to the same genus Anadenobolus, maybe a subspecies of A. arboreus (gundlachi or krugi ?).

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry, don't know what millipede you exactly mean. I think you mean the ones with red dots on the back?
There is the vietnamese rainbows Aulacobolus rubropunctatusthat are not really closely related to them. There is a similar looking species, mainly from Puerto Rico imported, that belongs to the same genus Anadenobolus, maybe a subspecies of A. arboreus (gundlachi or krugi ?).
Thank you for the info! I'm going to go crazy finding out about these!

Black Widow88

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry, don't know what millipede you exactly mean.
I will try to get a photo of one on monday when I go back to work. They look very similar to the ones that you have photoed but they are more red where yours are yellow, all with a gray background. If you get enough babies that you are wanting to sell some put me on your list.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will try to get a photo of one on monday when I go back to work. They look very similar to the ones that you have photoed but they are more red where yours are yellow, all with a gray background. If you get enough babies that you are wanting to sell some put me on your list.
Good I wanna see what they look like!

Black Widow88