Building a T room

omni

Arachnobaron
Ok, I've got approval from family to build a sizable collection if I can secure a room from escapes (vents,door,window,cracks). I think I'd like to have some arboreals now, as I've only kept NW terrestrials before. Pokies specifically to start, and after the room is done, I'm planning on 2 or 3 P. regalis first, like 1 or 2 slings + one adult.

I really need to know how fast Pokies grow from 1" so I can plan the space for the tall tanks I'll need. The slings wouldn't be much concern until later, but I need to reserve the space for their eventual rehousing into a couple lrg enclosures. Just planning this out so I can draw floor plans for a wall of arboreals on one side and the shelves for my terrestrials on the others.

If I have 8' of wall space with a 7' ceiling, how many adult arboreals can I house comfortably w/ ease of maintenance? Thanks for any info I can get:)

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont know how fast pokies grow but for arboreals those exoterra (?) enclosures are pretty nice as they have barn style doors on the front, and they come various heights. if you look under the tank set-ups/enclosures (i cant remember what its called) thread in the "Tarantula Pictures" forum you'll see a bunch of setups, lots of people use tupperware and fish tanks set up on end to house their arboreals... i guess it depends on how much money you want to spend and if you can buy a decent sized bookshelf or rack to stack em up! As far as dedicating space, for our t's we just figure we're going to keep them as long as possible, so we allott space for full sized t's. right now we keep one of our slings in its kk inside its exoterra tank, just to save space. our singapore blue grows super fast, shes premolt right now and has grown about 2" over that last three months, so that would probably be an extreme. sorry thats all probably not helpful :wall:

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pokies can grow pretty fast if you keep them fairly warm and feed them lots i had a male p.ornata go from the size of a fly to a mature 7 inch in 1 year

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pokies can grow pretty fast if you keep them fairly warm and feed them lots i had a male p.ornata go from the size of a fly to a mature 7 inch in 1 year
:eek: woah thats awesome...i was starting to think our little blue was a freak