building a split 10

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys, its the eeevil decepticon again. Here to share a recent project, small as it may be. The other day I decided to divide a plain ol' 10 gallon tank to accomodate a male rosie and a female rosie, y'know, to introduce them and all, maybe make a little love and what not. Anyway, just thought i would give out the measurement of the divider and the material used. Some may find this useful. Who knows. L8R, dale

Divider specs. 11&1/4 X 9& 5/8 inches are the dimensions to the divider, now you may wanna cut it about one fourth of an inch taller with 1/2 inch notches on the top corners to allow a flush mount top use, if not then you will end up with about a 1/4 inch gap at the top. Okay if you are housing adults since they wont be able to squeeze through.

For sealant I just used plain ol' aquarium sealant, let stand overnight and voila!, Add substrate, spiders, and accomodations.

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sounds very cool, I'll have to look into that when I get more Ts. What did you use for the divider? Acrylic or something more opaque?

Bry

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for the divider i went to Lowes and bought a sheet of Lucite, a clear very durable non-yellowing plastic. It comes in different sizes, I think the sheet i got was about 24" by 12" or something to that effect. Cost was about $8 US.
thickness was about 1/8" or so, you can use thicker, but its not necessary.
dale