Bugging Out - Spread the word please :)

Malodave

Arachnopeon
I watched both episodes twice. The woman that is staying with me liked them. She wants my B. smithi that I raised from a sling. So I bought 5 more B. smithi slings from Ken a week before the shows aired. I also liked them with three caveats.

1) The shows were too short,
2) Not enough bugs, and
3) too many talking head interviews.

The interviews are running on the same format as all the other garbage reality shows that are on TV now. Made up drama is rampant on the other shows too. I hope the producers don't fall into that quagmire with you Ken.

I do plan to tune in to the shows when the series starts.

Malodave

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well it seems i've been out of the loop for a long long time. I guess if you sell all your t's and have twins and go off the grid for 4 years Botar goes and closes up shop. What is the world coming to? Makes me wonder who is supplying Tom Agosta of Eight Leg's Plus now. Anyways, I do digress.

Ken, I happened to see the title of your show on the television as I was scrolling through the cable guide last night. Now I'm fairly familiar with most of the shows on Discovery and I'd never heard of Bugging Out. Being a huge fan of tarantulas even now and an avid collector about 6 years ago I gave it a watch. It was the ATS conference show, FYI. Overall, I enjoyed the show and it made me going to conventions and miss having tarantulas.

As a hobby we can only hope that bug collecting in general becomes more widely accepted. Ken, I don't know you from Adam but your general enthusiasm for what you're doing was evident on the show. I did you a solid and contacted the discovery channel with a positive review of the show. Hope you get some more episodes and you keep it real.

-Jason

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
agree

I can't say much but I do agree on some points :)
I want more bugs!

I watched both episodes twice. The woman that is staying with me liked them. She wants my B. smithi that I raised from a sling. So I bought 5 more B. smithi slings from Ken a week before the shows aired. I also liked them with three caveats.

1) The shows were too short,
2) Not enough bugs, and
3) too many talking head interviews.

The interviews are running on the same format as all the other garbage reality shows that are on TV now. Made up drama is rampant on the other shows too. I hope the producers don't fall into that quagmire with you Ken.

I do plan to tune in to the shows when the series starts.

Malodave

ajhere

Arachnopeon
how do us guys without tht channel see full episodes tell us plse??????:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They should put this on discovery channel, probably get more views (science channel is less known and not as many people have it, I think). Less American Chopper (no american chopper) more Bugging Out! (all bugging out).

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Buggin' Out! Is Buggin' In!

You have such a lovely family and cool friends! Your wife is quite the character! Wish I could meet someone who will love T's as much as your wife!

And the pink toe costume was too cute! LOL!

I loved how the Therapist dropped the Vinegarroon at the end! Hahahaha!
Completely Agree! :D

& I liked the Bug computer graphics in-between scenes :clap:
{Ken needs a theme song though :razz: All good shows have one}

I saw them last night. I loved it! I like it the way it is done in like a reality tv show format.
I suspect they'll "suggest" that style of program, when they pick-it-up for a series, which we All know they will ;)

Perhaps they'll let Ken have more creative freedom w/ show ideas.....But, I bet Ken & Family, would just like their feetsies, in the T.V. world - so sometimes you gotta compromise a wee bit, to get ahead in the Industry :cool:

Time 2 go get more T's from KTBG now ~ Let's do Lunch :} - Jason

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So it was just those two episodes for now? I want more!! lol

Really hoping it gets picked up for a series.

'Punkin Chunkin' is a series, and they gave that annoying girl from Mythbusters a series (no offense to fans of either), how could a quality show like 'Bugging Out' not get picked up for a series! It would make no sense at all.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Im SOO FRUSTRATED right now!!! I cannot watch the show on TV because I don't get the channel and there is no place i've found to watch it either. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE upload the shows to the internet and post a freakin link! I've been dying to see it for like a week now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, someone needs to do this for us less fortunate people and get it posted up like yesterday!

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i might try this weekend to get them off my dvr, onto dvd, and then upload them somewhere. hope youtube doesn't take it down if i put it up there.

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Saw it last night.....I'm not on the forum much these days so I hadn't heard of the show.....I turned it on and thought the guy looked awefully familliar untill they mentioned it was ken the bug guy. {D

Not bad, it's refreshing to see a show that actually gets most of it's facts right.

.....But I suddenly have the strange desire for a U.mordax......;)

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I have a funny story! I was with my dad and he was with his friend and my dad had told his friend about how I keep tarantulas and the guy then started talking about "this show he saw" how i guy had like thousands of tarantulas and used scorppians for a photo shoot and how cool/bizzare he thought it was (positive) and I was like yeah I saw that it's great. I was so happy an "outsider" saw it and enjoyed it!

Helix

Arachnopeon
Im SOO FRUSTRATED right now!!! I cannot watch the show on TV because I don't get the channel and there is no place i've found to watch it either. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE upload the shows to the internet and post a freakin link! I've been dying to see it for like a week now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, someone needs to do this for us less fortunate people and get it posted up like yesterday!
+1 I even have the channel but I`m from a different region so I can`t see the show.

Kaimetsu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I loved the show. I'm not sure how i felt about the whole we need 40 tarantulas in two days! or we are running out of gas and it's too hot! plots they felt kind of like reality tv show style manufactured problems, dunno if they really were though.

I think it would be cool if each episode had a better know a species segment that focused on a single species and gave some basic care info to inform people and make them want them. Better know a genus would be cool too maybe better.