brown recluse

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
PANDINUS! You're crazy!!!!! Those things suck! I got bit by one, ot pleasant! Dude, you're nutz! I'd rather have my house infested with Israeli deathstalkers!!! Be CaReFuLL!!!
I send you gecko's of many, get rid of the DANG THINGS!
I found one of those suckers outside the other day! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

~Be_CaReFuL_cRaZy_DuDe!~

-Ben

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
On television once I saw a scorpion that was catched and eaten by a black widow. If the black widow can bite the scorpion to death, why shouldn't a brown recluse be able to do that.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
errit said:
On television once I saw a scorpion that was catched and eaten by a black widow. If the black widow can bite the scorpion to death, why shouldn't a brown recluse be able to do that.

I think it's a matter of not getting the chance, actually. Generally speaking it ought to be difficult, though, to get through the exoskeleton, unless you have a really lucky spider.

On another, somewhat twisted subject, how about gut-loading the recluse? ;)

In all seriousness, though, that's a nasty bite. I'd stay away from them. Don't know many spiders that can cause that much tissue damage.

Chris

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
errit said:
yes, but the scorpion felt in the black widow's web. So, it wasn't capable of moving or stinging the spider.
Dom

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
protheus said:
I think it's a matter of not getting the chance, actually. Generally speaking it ought to be difficult, though, to get through the exoskeleton, unless you have a really lucky spider.

On another, somewhat twisted subject, how about gut-loading the recluse? ;)

In all seriousness, though, that's a nasty bite. I'd stay away from them. Don't know many spiders that can cause that much tissue damage.

Chris
It also depends on the scorpion it was eating. Some of the more smaller scorps have weaker armour.
Age is also something to consider.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The differences between a Loxosceles and Latrodectus are universal particularly in their predacious behavior. Loxosceles is a wandering hunter and Latrodectus is a cobweb opportunistic killer. A scorpion that gets caught in her silken trap, bears very slim chance of escaping or winning, unless the scorpion can power itself free from the silk without entangling itself further. Until then the Latrodectus has been alerted by the prey item struggling in her silk and pursues, flying at the scorpion staying out of the striking and grasping distance of the scorpion's lethal sting and crushing pedipalps, pouring silk all over the poor arachnid, guaranteeing it's inevitable doom. Once she has it incapacitated, wound up in silk, and she goes in for the kill, usually the tip of a leg. Whereas, Loxosceles being a wandering predator, plays more into the scorpion's favor, but it can still potentially bite the scorp yet highly unlikely given the tools a scorpion has as stated in my previous post.

Last edited:

habeas scorpius

Arachnopeon
you should release your hemiscorpius into your basement for some time and see whether he can reduce your infestation of spiders. i personally wouldn't want to change scorpions in mid-stream, though.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think a Hemiscorpius would be ill equipped to deal with a Loxosceles infestation. Centruriodes is perfect though because Recluses are small spiders.