Brown on back of my T

M111tch

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I would like some information.

I have a Tliltocatl alboposilum and this one at the rear which is depigmented and which changes little by little with the size of this one.

It is black and its rear end loses hair as it progresses with a passage to brown. is it significant of an approaching moult or something else to know?

I also have an LP which did that to me and which disappeared after its moult

Cordially

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Hard time following what you’re asking. Probably preparing for molt.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Hard time following what you’re asking. Probably preparing for molt.
Agreed on both counts.

OP: if you mean that the Tarantula's abdomen is becoming darker and is losing hair, that's a sign that it is likely to molt soon.

cold blood

Staff member
What you are seeing is the bald spot...the skin beneath is now exposed, it can be peachy to brown in color, and once it is pre molt, it will eventually blacken.

M111tch

Arachnopeon
What you are seeing is the bald spot...the skin beneath is now exposed, it can be peachy to brown in color, and once it is pre molt, it will eventually blacken.
This is exactly what happening ! Is it a prmeolt signe?

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
Can’t see the spider in the pics to tell the size. Those enclosures would probably be fine. Fill them up about half way with coco fiber, top soil, or peat moss. Get rid of the large chunky substrate.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Do as @MrTwister stated, exo terras are awful for T’s. That setup is unsuitable at the moment (and explains the bald spot, it’s definitely stress) but with a little tweaking it’ll be perfect.