Brookfield Zoo "Xtreme bugs"

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I didnt find anything with the search, I was curious if other locals had visited this "exhibit"?
Frankly, $5 to see a couple dozen giant plastic bugs, minimally animated, was a ripoff.
What they had in the tent in the way of real bugs, I imagine doesnt come close to even the most
newbie user here : A couple chinese mantids, couple diving beetles, a T of some sort, a small centipede...some ants,
some termites.....and of course the "largest scorpion species in the world, the Emperor"....? Not much eh?

Once past the plastic stuff, the tent was a huge letdown.....Grateful that I had a couple free coupons.....
I would give it 1 star....1/2 star if I can go fractional on the 1-4 scale.....

Tony

Skeri

Arachnosquire
I was visiting chicago not too long ago and debated going to see that, but didn't have time. Good thing I didn't. I was expecting more out of that.

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
i work at the brookfield zoo and in my opinion the exhibit is not as good as it is proclaimed to be. The best part of the exhibit is the tent but as stated above, the tent has only a few noteworthy insects and arachnids. Im not allowed in the tent while working so i cant give the emperor a hide unfortunately if one wanted to see more arachnids, there is a desert hairy scorpion in the feathers and scales exhibit. its an always fun to find it and sometimes you can see it in plain view