Bronx Zoo, NY

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
The Bronx zoo is awesome. I go at least once a year, and if your ever in the area you should check it out. I am inexperienced with taking pics through glass, so I apologize in advance for blurry pics.:cool:

Being so close to a Gaboon Viper, face to face, is a rush. It dosent matter if there is a 3 inch thick piece of glass seperating you.

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
more snakes

King Cobra

King Cobra

Aruba Rattlesnake

Emerald Boa

Eygption Cobra?

Last edited:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Red Spitting Cobras

Cobra ?

Red tail rat

Green Anaconda

Huge Blood python

???

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
cool pics man.that viper in the first post is beautiful.think id prob feel safer behind the glass haha

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Being so close to a Gaboon Viper, face to face, is a rush. It dosent matter if there is a 3 inch thick piece of glass seperating you.
Did you weep like a baby ;P

Jeff

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Damn! that king is magnificent! How big was that bad boy?

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Fantastic photos, Tom. Damn, I have been to the Bronx countless times, but it never looked as good as in your posts!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Tom,

Great pics of what looks like a great place. You may want to consider getting yourself a polarizing filter -- takes the reflection right out of glass.

Cheers,
Dave

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the tip Dave. Do they make those filters for regular piont and shoot cameras ? Sorry, Im a little out of the loop on Photography.

Here's some of ther Croc's and gator's

False gharial Tomistoma schlegelii These things were MASSIVE:eek:

Cuban Croc.

American Alligator babies

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the tip Dave. Do they make those filters for regular piont and shoot cameras ? Sorry, Im a little out of the loop on Photography.
If you can put a screw-on attachment in front of your lense then you should be able to find one. A lot of point-and-shoot digitals allow you to add a filter, but sometimes you have to buy an adapter. What camera are you using?

Cheers,
Dave

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks Dave,

It looks like it has two tiny screws on both sides of the lens. Its a Olympus C-765 "ultra zoom".

Later, Tom

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Tom,

Looks like your situation is similar to my own, as I use an Olympus. In your case, you need the CLA-4 lens adapter kit. This screws onto the existing lens (not the part that telescopes out, but the housing just around that -- you can see it is threaded on the inside) and provides a 55mm thread on the other end. You can then screw a 55mm circular polarizing filter onto that. Both items should be available on ebay.

This site has some info on polarizing filters: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/polarizers.shtml.

Cheers,
Dave

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pictures of good looking animals!
The snake with the questionmark is a Agkistrodon bilineatus taylori

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The Panamanian ones are Atelopus zetecki I believe.

Great shots, I am going back there when the Madagascar exhibit opens. Sadly everyone I know who worked there has moved on.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Great shots, I am going back there when the Madagascar exhibit opens. Sadly everyone I know who worked there has moved on.
Take me with you! ;) We should plan a field trip. I've never been to the Bronx Zoo despite the fact that it's been practically down the street from me for years now. Btw, did you see a burmese python there? She apparently used to belong to the reptile guy at my petco before she started to take over his apartment and he had to donate her to the zoo.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The Bronx Zoo is great. I loved all of the crocodiles and monitors they had.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer

Whats the Madagascar exhibit all about. I didnt see or here anything about it?:?

Karen, I dont remember seeing any Burm's. Its Possable I could have missed it. The enclosure that use to house the legendary Retic "Samantha" was empty.

Later, Tom

Green Tree Monitor