Broken fangs

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've not had any problem with broken fangs but I wonder if larger holes might help with that. The T wouldn't be able to get as much tooth leverage which should help keep them from breaking. With larger Ts the size of the holes would still be too small to escape from.

sasker

Arachnoprince
I think you are right. Mine broke its second fang on the ventilation slit of her KK. I actually had to pry the broken fang out because it was really stuck. As soon as my LP has eaten a few meals I will rehouse her into a less hazardous enclosure.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Still waiting on mine to molt since it broke it's fangs off :( at least it' drinking plenty of water
It wasn't overly thin from the images you posted above so it should be alright. Bump up the temperature a bit to increase its metabolic rate and trigger a molt faster.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've not had any problem with broken fangs but I wonder if larger holes might help with that. The T wouldn't be able to get as much tooth leverage which should help keep them from breaking. With larger Ts the size of the holes would still be too small to escape from.
I think you are right. Mine broke its second fang on the ventilation slit of her KK.
I think that's probably about right, My L. difficilis broke hers trying to chew through the vents of her KK as well (I only noticed it had broken off when she flipped over to moult but she was always gnawing at the vents so I assume that's how she broke it), I rehoused her to a 6.5 gallon tank once she hardened up after moulting.

Supra

Arachnopeon
I also have a M robustum that I think has broken fangs. and I think it was my fault. It was a freebie from FNT and I hadn't notice the molt and I fed it. It ate and left a bolus but it has seemed to have issues catching prey ever since. I plan on catching it today, do enclosure maintenance and checking it fangs. Will cricket mush work? Will they scavenge it?

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
The larger of my two LPs likes to poke around the vent holes of her enclosure’s top too. It worries me for this precise problem, and I’ve been racking my brains for what to do about it. I may switch her to an acrylic cage with few/no holes in the top of it, but man the larger ones are expensive (she’s not yet mature but big enough to live in a permanent enclosure).

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The larger of my two LPs likes to poke around the vent holes of her enclosure’s top too. It worries me for this precise problem, and I’ve been racking my brains for what to do about it. I may switch her to an acrylic cage with few/no holes in the top of it, but man the larger ones are expensive (she’s not yet mature but big enough to live in a permanent enclosure).
What type of enclosure is it currently in?

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
What type of enclosure is it currently in?
A ten gallon aquarium. It has a metal screened lid with plastic covering (LOTS of ventilation holes drilled into it) it from the inside to keep spider from poking her fangs through it. Think I solved my problem.