Broken claw??

ThatBugGuy

Arachnosquire
So I just got my second Pandinus Emperator from the same petco I got the first one I think both are female although this one is a lot smaller and concerns me because they were both in the same enclosure when I got the first one a week before. I thought it was completely healthy (to my surprise) but when I got home I noticed that the right claw was missing the bottom half, will it grow back? Will she be okay? This is the claw in question..

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
So I just got my second Pandinus Emperator from the same petco I got the first one I think both are female although this one is a lot smaller and concerns me because they were both in the same enclosure when I got the first one a week before. I thought it was completely healthy (to my surprise) but when I got home I noticed that the right claw was missing the bottom half, will it grow back? Will she be okay? This is the claw in question..
I don’t think they fully regenerate limbs. I think it will be just fine overall though.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
it probably won't grow back, but the scorpion should be fine even with part of her claw missing. I'm glad you rescued them from that pet shop!

Asian Jesus

Arachnopeon
Bruh. If you keep on buying animals from these chain pet stores, they will have more of these animals in their stores. While you might be rescuing one or two scorpions, you are also making it worse. Just don't buy animals from PetSmart or Petco. Btw I'm not trying to degrade or make you look bad. Congrats on your scorpion tho.

ThatBugGuy

Arachnosquire
Bruh. If you keep on buying animals from these chain pet stores, they will have more of these animals in their stores. While you might be rescuing one or two scorpions, you are also making it worse. Just don't buy animals from PetSmart or Petco. Btw I'm not trying to degrade or make you look bad. Congrats on your scorpion tho.
i understand that but part of the reason I get them from the chain petstores is because i cant use paypal and dont have a card or anything to get one off of the breeders online. trust me ive tried before turning to the chain stores but i cant help wanting an exotic pet. i fully understand that i am funding them in a small way and opening stock for them to get more its very sad and upsetting but at the same time i now have 2 scorpions and a T. but the location i got them from isnt too bad and i was planning on dropping a application in so that if i do get hired i can take better care of some of the animals there while making min wage and hopefully better the service to thoes who dont know about how bad pet stores are and sell them healthy animals are give them proper care instructions.

Asian Jesus

Arachnopeon
I understand, I apologizing now for my lack of information on the topic. Next time you should get a visa gift card or something similar, it works like a debit card.
Btw, I heard you can get free things from the chain pet stores.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I had a Pandinus imperator years ago that had a broken chela. He behaved normally, but was unable to open his left chela. He ate, though with a bit more difficulty than if he had two properly functioning chela.

Here he is. He was a truly magnificent specimen and very special to me as he was my first true first invertebrate specimen kept as a "pet" seemingly a lifetime ago.

Note: I do not promote handling at all, this image is from when I was very new to invertebrate keeping. Please don't handle yours in the best interest of both yourself and the animals.

Obsidian 10151199245880941_360062689_n (1).jpg

ThatBugGuy

Arachnosquire
I understand, I apologizing now for my lack of information on the topic. Next time you should get a visa gift card or something similar, it works like a debit card.
Btw, I heard you can get free things from the chain pet stores.
All good and I thought about getting a visa gift card but that's not the issue I can't get my identity verified on PayPal because I just moved states and don't have any of the documents I need to verify 😂. I'm good with exotics rn till I get a bigger space for them so hopefully next time I can get my inverts from a breeder. also if the chain pet stores do give out free stuff to employees that would be lit