Broken Aculeus

undeaddeaths

Arachnosquire
I noticed my D. Peloncillensis' aculeus is broken (only the tip of the stinger), I just recently got him and didn't notice it at first. I'm not sure what instar he is in so I'm hoping he will be able to regen it back with the next molt if he isn't finished growing. Does anyone have any tips other than not giving him feeders where it might require him to use it?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's about all you can do. It'll probably scavenge the feeders, so that'll be fine. I'm not sure if it'll grow back all the way if it molts though.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I noticed my D. Peloncillensis' aculeus is broken (only the tip of the stinger), I just recently got him and didn't notice it at first. I'm not sure what instar he is in so I'm hoping he will be able to regen it back with the next molt if he isn't finished growing. Does anyone have any tips other than not giving him feeders where it might require him to use it?
I think that's the only part of a scorpion that often regenerates with molts. You may know already but scorpions generally don't regenerate limbs with molts like spiders and some other inverts do. I had a Parabuthis sps with a broken aculeus and it did regenerate after a molt, smaller though.