Bringing home a baby bumblebee

Jerry

Arachnobaron
IMG_20170220_201915549_BURST001.jpg keep finding these little guys in my big enclosure just moved them to there enclosure a couple of weeks ago but the baby's keep popping up so I move them over as they show up :)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice, glad to see those pedelings popping up! And even better that they're easy to ID at that size!

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Yea there are a bunch of the about 3/8 of an inch long still white in color but I won't move them tell the get closer to this size it makes me nervous handling them when there that tinny

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
I have bumblebees and they are quick to reproduce and pretty prolific.
At least in my setup they are. I'm always finding young pedes.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Not trying to derail....but this is the second thread that got me confusing the animal with another.:D
I actually thought you had a baby bumblebee as in the flying sort of animal...:shy:

The other one was the O ornata. I thought it was misspelled and supposed to be P.ornata...:D

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Congrats on your lil ones @Jerry. I hope mine breed that easily, would love to see babies just popping up!

Bug Boy Wonder

Arachnopeon
Congrats on your lil ones @Jerry. I hope mine breed that easily, would love to see babies just popping up!
Agreed I hope mine breed as well they are super cute when I get to see mine. Lol
How big are they when they are sexually mature? Two of my 3 are the size of the one in the picture. The other is a little larger.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
They're one of the smaller sized species for sure but they make up for it in colour.
They're so bright and pretty.
And being pretty prolific breeders helps too haha!

Bug Boy Wonder

Arachnopeon
They're one of the smaller sized species for sure but they make up for it in colour.
They're so bright and pretty.
And being pretty prolific breeders helps too haha!
I hope mine breed, I purchased one male and two female, I'm probably going to get a few more just to even it out a bit.
I had mine with my other Millies but I got worried my tylobolus would burrow right threw these guys if they were molting so I separated them.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
I hope mine breed, I purchased one male and two female, I'm probably going to get a few more just to even it out a bit.
I had mine with my other Millies but I got worried my tylobolus would burrow right threw these guys if they were molting so I separated them.
They should!
They're pretty prolific. (As I mentioned)
Mine seem to do better in more space (a ten gallon) but do okay in a 15qt Tub as well.
I really love them haha.