Suggestion Bringing back the old breeding report section

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I thought about rather or not to make this suggestion for a while now. Reason I bring it up is because it seems like the new section is neglected for lack of a better term. The new section is nice and all, but it seems like the old section was utilized more often.

Now if the new section is being used more than I thought, then excellent and I will need to take a day off from the forum and get my eyes checked (again) apparently.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I thought about rather or not to make this suggestion for a while now. Reason I bring it up is because it seems like the new section is neglected for lack of a better term. The new section is nice and all, but it seems like the old section was utilized more often.

Now if the new section is being used more than I thought, then excellent and I will need to take a day off from the forum and get my eyes checked (again) apparently.
Always feel free to make a suggestion if you have one. The worst that could happen is that we don't take your suggestion :)

While the old section was utilized more often, the quality of the reports varied. The templates we provided were rarely used. We constantly had to moderate "non report" posts.

While the new section is not as utilized, the reports have a template that must be followed and the reports are rendered in a much better format.

There is a little bit more of a setup time before a user can leave a report as we need to create the report item, but it is easy to request that an item be created by posting in this thread:

We try to get the items created as quickly as possible once requested. Unfortunately, even if we create them in under 24 hrs, sometimes users don't go back and post a report and that's totally their choice.

We're also looking into updating some of the terminology on the pages (too many mentions of "reviews" on the reports pages) and adding some functionality so that people will be able to ask questions on the reports.

I guess this is my long winded way of saying that there is no intention of reopening the old "report" forums.

I will however update the notice at the top of all the report forums pointing users to the new area for reports. :)

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Regards,
MrD