(Breeding)

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm new to breeding tarantulas but I when I start which may be very soon I wanted to start breeding Goliath Bird Eater (Theraphosa blondi) or Chilobrachys huanini

Are these species hard to breed? can any one give me correct instructions on how I should go about breeding these?

I have a 55 gallon tank that I can use for a breeding tank so I can set it up any way need be.

I'm going to buy a female@ 3 inches and a male at 4" how many more yrs will both of these need before breeding can start? (T blondi)

and

Chilobrachys huanini F Huahini Bird Spider 5"
Chilobrachys huanini M Huahini Bird Spider 6"

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Go with the Chilobrachys... simply having a male and female in the same room runs the risk of knocking her up :)

Eric

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
there seems to be alot of problems breeding t blondi in captivity.so while i dont wanna say dont try it might be hard for u to have success.
now chilobrachys sp.huanini might be easier for u to breed, but these are often mis ided and sold as dif species.so if u choose to breed these make sure u have males and females of the same species to avoid crossbreeding!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there seems to be alot of problems breeding t blondi in captivity.so while i dont wanna say dont try it might be hard for u to have success.
now chilobrachys sp.huanini might be easier for u to breed, but these are often mis ided and sold as dif species.so if u choose to breed these make sure u have males and females of the same species to avoid crossbreeding!
ok so general tips on how to properly breed?

keep them together over night?

seperate them before i go to bed?

keep food in their all the time?

have at least three hides??

after they successfully breed they each go back to their own tank right?? or can i just divide the breeder tank into two?

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
keeping them together over night will prob = a dead male and one fat female haha

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
keeping them together over night will prob = a dead male and one fat female haha
ok so how long do I let them stay together and am I suppose to watch? and does the light have to be off ? and how many times average would you have to put these T's together to assure pregnancy?

and how long is a gestation cycle?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Blondis are NOT easy to breed........ you should pick another species to start out..... but if you have a big female and a male already it never hurts to try. I would look for signs of a sperm web from the male then place the male in with the female. You would watch from this point on. Some people co habit the male and female but if hes going to do his business its going to be in a reasonable ammount of time. Cooling period is not needed with this species. Flooding is a must though. Flooding and feeding well........ about 3 months after breeding act like god and flood the tank with water once a week or so, then wait for it to dry out a little and repeat, this simulates spring and induces production of a sac. These are just some basic pointers I hope this helped some.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have changed my mind I'm not going to get a breeding tarantula pair this week because this is the only day I'll have to actually get everything ready and I'm runnin low on funds. so more than likely I'll get the breeding pair next week...

this week I'm getting:

three 1" Pterinochilus murinus
one .5" Lasiodora parahybana
one .5" Brachypelma emilia