Breeding?

Emp. scorpion

Arachnopeon
Do scorpions have to have a hard flat surface for the male to deposit his sperm on? Would a log hide work okay for that(like the arched tunnel ones the pet stores sell)?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would answer no, from the different post I read I've heard of scorpions leaving the sperm stick on twigs even, here is a link to a thread that talks about mating and shows a spermataphore on what looks like a log type hide. Post

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The search button does work.
But this is fun...

But as noted this works too...

Hard surfaces work the best, even cardboard if you need something quick...

Thaedion

Please don't think I'm picking on you, we were all there once.

Last edited:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If he wants to drop it and he is able to he'll drop it....

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when my last breeding project was in full gear the male dropped his spermatophore on a single piece of aquarium gravel... so i'm fairly certain the log hide should work....

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
like the pics i posted in your last thread.. the spermatophore was placed on a half log hide. it will be fine

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No worries

If you are truly worried that the half log might not work... just drop in a square of cardboard like was mentioned earlier by Thaedion

konrad16660

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just get a flat rock. the female has to pick up the semen so if it is on a log, the log will naturally absorb it. so get a large flat rock so the male can dance her ass over to it.
:) good luck!

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the female has to pick up the semen so if it is on a log, the log will naturally absorb it.
One of the things we are trying to do here is pass on factual information. the above quoted statement you made is totally wrong (The absorbing aspect.) Scorpions deposit a spermatophore that encases the sperm.

Thanks for playing though.