Breeding

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Hello guys. Just wanted to ask, what is the most satisfying to breed when fully grown? GBB, cambri, or mbalf? I recently got my new cambri but I wanted to buy another sling, and I'm thinking of going with the same species of my 3 tarantulas. Can you suggest guys?

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Species, not breed. Breeds only apply to domesticated animals of the same species, just FYI for the future (someone will probably call you out on this everytime). Of the 3 you have listed, I believe the P. cam is the easiest to reproduce. If I had to choose one though, it would be the balfouri. You could turn an eggsack into a monster communal.

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice sir. I am watching a lot of videos lately, but it is better to ask you guys personally and your suggestion will help me a lot.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello guys. Just wanted to ask, what is the most satisfying to breed when fully grown? GBB, cambri, or mbalf? I recently got my new cambri but I wanted to buy another sling, and I'm thinking of going with the same species of my 3 tarantulas. Can you suggest guys?
Satisfying for who? Breed the species you want.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the advice sir. I am watching a lot of videos lately, but it is better to ask you guys personally and your suggestion will help me a lot.
A word of advice, make sure you're watching the right videos. Tom Moran and his channel Tom's Big Spiders is the gold standard for no nonsense, no fluff, no cringe, straight animal husbandry based on his own research and experience (he won't do a husbandry video for a species until he has actually kept the species for some time). He's not a full time Youtuber like a lot of the others, so while his video editing skills are not the best in the world, he's not relying on YT as an income stream and he does this purely out of the passion for the hobby. There are a few other channels out there that are on the same level, but they are typically much, much smaller than others that are more for entertainment value.

FilExotics

Arachnopeon
Thank you so much sir. I'll be subscribing to his channel from now on. Another question, can I put 2 balfouris together from different eggsac?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you so much sir. I'll be subscribing to his channel from now on. Another question, can I put 2 balfouris together from different eggsac?
Like in a communal setting? I don't have any experience with balfouri (yet), so I'll let others weigh in that have personal experience, but from my research, I believe it's hit or miss unless you're introducing a MM to a colony.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Yes you can. There’s always the risk of cannibalism with any communal. I have a communal of two balfouris from different sacs and they’re thriving.