Breeding

sidexkick

Arachnopeon
If tarantulas have so many slings when the eggsac opens, how do you seperate them all without having 500 tarantulas all over the place when you open its container. This might be a really stupid question but whatever. haha.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No valid question is stupid in pet keeping the only that's stupid is the one not asked.

Alas, I have little experience in breeding tarantulas I don't have the means neither time for such endeavors.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If tarantulas have so many slings when the eggsac opens, how do you seperate them all without having 500 tarantulas all over the place when you open its container. This might be a really stupid question but whatever. haha.
It's really not that bad as long as you take steps during the first few stages before separation to get things ready. When I get sacs once they are dropped I plan for the max output that way if I am a little over there is no harm. So I order my vials or collect whatever containers I am going to be using to house the little buggers, in the weeks closer to the separation day I add substrate and holes in the lid if needed. That way when it's time I just need to set aside an afternoon to knock it out. It's not really the separation that is hard; it is the feedings that have to happen in the weeks coming. Now that can really give you a kink in your neck!