Breeding within the genus

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Will T's breed within their own genus?

like would an adult female boehmei mate with an adult hooked out male emilia or albopilosum?

I realize that inter genus breeding or mixin the species is frowned on so if / when i get babies I was going to keep them for my self....

So the only answers i'm looking for here is either yes or no...Do not bite my head off just because you may not agree with what I want to do. Thanks

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Okay, lets just answer the question.

Sometimes

Thats it. It depends on many factors, including they must be very closely related for the offspring to fertilize. It doesn't happen all that often with T's.

This is not a thread on whether it should be done, or how often it works.
Sorry man, but if you do a search, you'll see how fast these threads heat up.:)

-Sean

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brief explaination

You mention breeding 'within their own genus', but then 'mixin the species' so I thought I'd just re-draw your attention to the fact that there are several species in a genus. So if you're breeding 'within a genus', but not breeding the same species, then you've got your wires crossed.

I'd read the other threads on this. All you need to know is there. And Shadow is right, the answer is 'sometimes'.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You mention breeding 'within their own genus', but then 'mixin the species' so I thought I'd just re-draw your attention to the fact that there are several species in a genus. So if you're breeding 'within a genus', but not breeding the same species, then you've got your wires crossed.

I'd read the other threads on this. All you need to know is there. And Shadow is right, the answer is 'sometimes'.
thanks everyone for givin me general answers....and appreciate everyone keeping their comments PG...thanks agian..NO ONE else needs to respond i already got my answers thanks