Breeding tips

Eli02

Arachnopeon
I have some experience tarantulas but am interested in breeding some, but don't really know how. Can anyone explain/give me some tips for breeding? I am hopefully getting some venezuelan suntigers and trinidad cheverans soon and was hoping to breed those but might start with something easier because i hear that breeding them (the p irminia specifically) is really hard to do successfully.

Eli02

Arachnopeon
Also how warm does the incubator foe the eggs need to be? do i need a small heat pad to put under it in order to keep the eggs warm enough?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Try the breeding reports. :) Breeding techniques and things will vary from person to person and species to species. I do not believe Psalmopoeus is hard to breed (hence why they are so cheap), however someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

cold blood

Staff member
Yes, Psalms breed readily. And they double clutch. When I bred cams it was very quick...start to finish was easily less then 3 minutes...less than 4 weeks later she dropped a sac. Pairing irminia in the next few weeks hopefully.

The warmer you keep your room, the faster things develop. I would advise against a heat pad. Direct heat sources are less than ideal for ts...great for reptiles. Heating a room with a space heater is the best way to keep things warm.